Rethinking plan for Christmas week . . .

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW the week of Christmas. (Yes, I would prefer a different time, but with work/school schedules, it's Christmas week this year or not for a long time.) I had originally thought that MK would be a very bad choice for either 12/24 or 12/25, but I'm starting to re-think that and consider MK for 12/24. We arrive 12/23, so if MK isn't 12/24, it would be 12/26 or later. I'm reading that crowds picked up after 12/25 at all of the parks, so now I'm thinking that 12/24 might actually be the best day for MK.

Planning experts, what would you do? 12/24 or 12/26 (or 12/27)?

It doesn't matter. Seriously. It's Christmas, it'll be busy any of the days. I'm not saying that in a negative way, just more matter of fact. You won't notice the difference between the 24th, 26th or 27th.

My advice from last year... avoid MK on the 25th. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter. The 25th was the most crowded day (phase 2 closure) and the other days are just different shades of insanely busy.

Thanks -- I am prepared (I think) for insanely busy. I had assumed that the 24th and 25th would be similarly bad at MK but it actually helps my planning to realize that the 25th is way worse.

Yes. Whatever you do, do not go to MK on Christmas Day. When we go over Christmas we usually go to AK on Christmas Day. Last year we went to Epcot and it wasn't that bad. It actually was dead in the evening because a front had come through and instead of being 80 during the day and 70 at night, it was 55 wind a strong wind. I had never seen Epcot that desolate before.

Mk on Christmas Eve last year was crowded but awesome. We arrived at 7:00 for EMH and by 11:00 (when it really got busy) had ridden every ride in FL and TL with the exception of 7DMT, ETWB, and Stitch (it didn't open until 10:00ish). We did not do any character meets that day. We then had a Tony's lunch (food bad, didn't eat) with parade viewing, did two of our three FPs, rode Pirates, watched the Country Bears, then watched the parade at 3:00, did our other FP, had our real Christmas Eve dinner at LTT, scored some 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th FPs, did the HEA desert party, rode Space one more time and then headed to the resort. It was a great day at MK. Go with a plan, arrive early, have TS meals, and you will be fine. We went to HS for Christmas Day and it was awesome as well. HS did a great job of making the park atmosphere Christmasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!