RFC and Ghiradelli GC

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
On both of these:

If the meal is less than the value of the GC, do these restaurants give back cash or do they give a credit?

On both of these, we do not have any in my area so any balance would be lost.

Thanks.

We went over on our RF gc so I am not sure what they do. We did get change back from Ghiradelli's, and it was around $10.

At Rainforest last year (animal kingdom) they would NOT give us any cash back. Nor would they let us use the gc for the tip, which I've never had a problem doing at any other restaurant I've used a gc in! We ended up having to pay cash for the tip, forego about $8 in gc dollars, and use our other $25 gc in the gift shop. Too bad, too, because we would have been happy to give the waiter an incredible tip if it meant we would be eating for free, but since we had to use our "real" money he only got the 15%.

Last year we ate at RFC in AK 2 xs. First time we used only the RFC paper GCs we got thru Milesource (the ones that have all the Landry's restaurants on them & the RFC sticker on the back). They would not give us the change back (less than $10), so we decided to have dessert to get our money's worth. The second time we used the RFC GCs from MyPoints--the ones that only say RFC on them & they gave us change back from them (A little over $10) which we promptly used in the gift shoppe. I don't know why they are used differently & we really didn't press the issue the first time. Also we did not try to use the GCs for the tip.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter