Rider Switch response from DW

I've been looking at the Maxpass rules as well and drawing similar conclusions, so I hope you're right. I'm not looking to game the system to get a whole bunch of extra rides. I'd just like my kids to be able to ride their preferred tier 1 ride (Navi) and the adults to do the same (FoP). Because they're young, this requires one adult hit both...

We were planning to do the same, but others reported anecdotally here that due to the high demand for FOP, that ride in particular had already had some families get refused a family switch pass unless all in the party had fastpasses for FOP. Our booking window is today and after a lot of self-doubt, I just got both DH and I FOP instead of splitting up between FOP and Navi, on the theory that is the only way I can be assured we'll both get to ride FOP is with a fastpass, but we MIGHT (I know it is unlikely) be able to pick up a 4th fastpass Navi if we are diligent enough about refreshing the app on the day we are there.

We were planning to do the same, but others reported anecdotally here that due to the high demand for FOP, that ride in particular had already had some families get refused a family switch pass unless all in the party had fastpasses for FOP. Our booking window is today and after a lot of self-doubt, I just got both DH and I FOP instead of splitting up between FOP and Navi, on the theory that is the only way I can be assured we'll both get to ride FOP is with a fastpass, but we MIGHT (I know it is unlikely) be able to pick up a 4th fastpass Navi if we are diligent enough about refreshing the app on the day we are there.

Even though we all had FOP FP, we just didn't bring those staying back up to the queue when asking for rider swap. We never do on any ride. They hang back several yards away from the chaos, we point to them (toddler in stroller and whoevwr stays back woth him) when asking for the pass, and they wave back at the CM so he/she knows they are with us. Never had a problem doing it that way. I do wonder, for those who have been asked to see FP for the waiting riders if they bring the whole group up and there's maybe confusion about who is riding first, or maybe have someone who's technically tall enough but too scared to ride and that's why they're being denied.

I've really only seen a couple accounts on here of being denied/asked to verify FP for those waiting back. Not enough to make it seem to me like it's a regular occurrence.

Absolutely keep trying. One night DS1 and I were going on FoP with our FP+ and as we walked out I looked at wait times on app for NRJ. It said 50 minutes. I've been on it and won't wait for it so we were going to move on out of Pandora. For giggles I walked over to the ride and it said 10 minutes. I asked if that was correct and they said yes it's close. Okay in we went. We literally never stopped walking until we were seated on the boat. SO don't trust the Wait Times on the apps and always keep refreshing, we have great success with that 4th.

when we went in April, the only rides that really cared were FOP and 7 dwarves as I recall..... FOP was very strict.... we had a group with 3 babies. Each set of parentd went separately to get their RS passes. When the group with the RS passes went in line to use them, at one point my SIL accidentally said she was in a group of 6,and they had 2 RS passes. Nope. wrong answer- they had to assure the cm that they were actually 2 separate groups of 3 using the RS pass before they could get on. (yes we all knew each other but it was a legit RS pass usage,it was a large group) most other attractions it didn't seem to matter. so be aware that policy isn't always the same,but the newest rides are strict.

A "child swap" procedure is in place at our Theme Park Attractions, which enables parents to take turns experiencing our rides when a small child is in the party. After proceeding through the standard queue area at each Attraction, one parent experiences the presentation while the other remains behind with the child or children who cannot ride. At the conclusion of the ride, the parents simply change places, permitting the second parent to also experience the Attraction. However, in fairness to all Guests, we ask that only those individuals who did not ride with the first parent accompany the second parent riding.

So, the way this is explained to you, from WDW, it’s now Child Swap, not Parent Swap. We have one too short for RnR so if I ride with my 7 year old and my wife wants to ride, my 7 year old cannot ride again? I don’t understand what Disney is trying to do here.

Rider switch was originally intended for stand by waiting so the 2nd person wouldn't have to wait through a long wait too. FP should make rider switch obsolete. Rider switch pass isn't a true rider switch anyway since you still have to wait through the FP line again. True rider switch would be waiting at the exit and then hopping on the ride immediately after the first person gets off.

What they should do if they require everyone to have a FP is then give the waiting parent/child a ticket to another ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter