Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I bet many folks who participate in this thread & the DIS Boards in general, were among those who didn't panic when told by local government to prepare for 14 days of home isolation. I have a feeling that we prepare for when things may go wrong, no?

I want to say thank you to everyone on here. We are going in June and because of this thread I am hopeful we will score a BG. I have already told DH and 2 kids that I will teach them the week before how we will be getting a BG. I like the idea of making it a contest and whoever scores the BG gets something. I just need to think of that that something will be.

It looks like the new Android app update released recently may have added an additional way to get a boarding group. After clicking "My Status" it takes you to a section called "My Queues"
Screenshot_20200317-183137_Disneyland.jpg
You can then click the "+" sign in the top right corner, which takes you to a second screen to join a boarding group.
Screenshot_20200317-183148_Disneyland.jpg

Does this mean other rides may uses the boarding group system? I'm just going off the fact that it seems the second screen may have multiple "queues" to join.

I just noticed a DL app update on my iPhone this evening. Avengers campus is now on the map! Plus no more FOM section on the home screen.

I’m curious to see how the new system refreshes. Clearly the current strategy no longer applies (hit “find out more” at opening to refresh)

I’m curious to see how the new system refreshes. Clearly the current strategy no longer applies (hit “find out more” at opening to refresh)
FWIW, when I was playing with the screens, going back and forth, it appeared to be refreshing before showing the last updated time. Who knows if it works, though. The "My Status" screen did this as well on my phone prior to the update, but didn't actually refresh, because my button was still gray after OPO.

Anybody think this “my queues” thing is going to apply to rides in Avengers Campus? I sure hope not...
I think they are preparing for a worst case scenarios where virtually every queue will need boarding groups or at least if the standby queue reaches over a certain length. If there are still crowd restrictions, this could apply to almost every attraction after the parks reopen. At bare minimum, I am sure it will apply to Avengers, at least initially. But it is quite clear they are preparing for more than one virtual queue happening at the same time.

I think the virtual queue is great in theory. I don’t think it’s operating as intended right now where you have to get there at opening to really have a chance.

Well, I cancelled my trip officially today on the news that the resort is closed indefinitely.

Hey, remember when the thing I thought about most in a given day was ROTR boarding groups?

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy, social distancing, and stocked on toilet paper. May the Force Be With Us.

Well, I cancelled my trip officially today on the news that the resort is closed indefinitely.

Hey, remember when the thing I thought about most in a given day was ROTR boarding groups?

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy, social distancing, and stocked on toilet paper. May the Force Be With Us.
Sorry that you had to cancel your trip, but very glad to hear from you here. I was just thinking about you today and all "the regulars" in this thread.

Attention, all Rebel Pilots: Please report in to let us know how you are doing and if you are safe and well. Stay strong, stay safe, and know that we are here if you need an open ear or a strong shoulder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter