Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I miss doing lots of things, but I miss Disneyland the most! I was just in the hospital with my baby who needed IV antibiotics for an infection (not coronavirus) and I was chatting with one of our nurses who has a 2-year-old and we were saying how much we miss carefree days with our kids at DL! By the way, being in a hospital during coronavirus is crazy! Luckily, the peds floor was COVID-free.

Well, I cancelled my trip officially today on the news that the resort is closed indefinitely.

Sorry you had to cancel your trip.

It's so odd not being able to just go out and spend an afternoon riding a few rides, getting some tasty food....

On another Disney group someone made a speculation that when things come back we may see more virtual queues like RotR for other rides in the parks. I thought that was an interesting concept.

Well, I cancelled my trip officially today on the news that the resort is closed indefinitely.

Hey, remember when the thing I thought about most in a given day was ROTR boarding groups?

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy, social distancing, and stocked on toilet paper. May the Force Be With Us.

Very sad to read this. I know I wasn't alone in cheering you on, looking forward to the day that "playing along from home" would be replaced by the real deal for you.

My last trip was 2 months ago today. It feels like a lifetime ago, just like you mentioned. My biggest concern in the days leading up to that trip were finding neon pink shoelaces for my black Chucks and hairspray that would be strong enough to recreate my hairstyle from 1988 for 80s Nite! (Oh, and learning how to score a BG...got BG 1!) Wow, little did I know where things would stand mere weeks from then. I've been watching lots of video clips from my previous trips and reliving happy memories.

Take care everyone!

I miss doing lots of things, but I miss Disneyland the most! I was just in the hospital with my baby who needed IV antibiotics for an infection (not coronavirus) and I was chatting with one of our nurses who has a 2-year-old and we were saying how much we miss carefree days with our kids at DL! By the way, being in a hospital during coronavirus is crazy! Luckily, the peds floor was COVID-free.

So sorry the baby is so sick!!!!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery and no further health issues!

So sorry the baby is so sick!!!!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery and no further health issues!
Thank you! We are home after three days in the hospital. Still bring treated but from home so everyone is happy! He needs surgery but it’s considered “elective” even though he really needs it and they are not doing elective surgeries now because of COVID. Sigh.

So glad to see you all checking in -- good to see familiar names posting so that we can keep in touch and support and encourage each other during these crazy times.

@SOCALMouseMommy : Prayers and good thoughts going out for you and your little boy! So glad CHOC can provide good care (they're the greatest!) and that you and your family are hanging in there!

Where do you pick up these bad boys
Found them at Ralphs, which is Kroger in the mid-west. They also had the Mickey ice cream bars. I’ve got two Ralphs within 10 miles and found them at both markets a couple of weeks apart. No paper products, but plenty of Mickey ice cream!

Checking in too. Doing well and just being at home all the time. Best to be safe. At least I can work from home. Miss Disneyland tons! Often ask if it misses me as much as I miss it.

I am also finally past my 2 weeks since returning from WDW. That flight home had me super worried after having been in the park for a week, so that makes me feel a bit better. Not sure if I shared here, at HS, I scored group 5 on my first try and group 2 my second which are far better than anything I have gotten at DL so far!

Today was a sad day. We have a white board calendar in our kitchen. This morning I added the dates in April that were going to be our Disneyland/Disney Cruise trip that is now postponed to October (hopefully this is all over by then)...sigh. 😔

I lurked this thread diligently for nearly 3 months. It has been really weird to not have new posts to catch up on, and data to compare.

I am also newly curious about the changes in app - it does seem like Avengers may also make use of the virtual queues. Considering the way it has worked for ROTR where you have to be in DL in order to grab a BG, I wonder if that restriction will be gone and you can enter DCA or DL and be able to get a BG for ROTR and/or Avengers, or if you will be limited to trying for a BG in the park you initially scanned into.

I'm still about 7 months away from a trip to WDW, but my sister's spring break trip was rescheduled for June (still hopeful things will reopen by then). Will be interesting to see what kind of changes happen before then.

Also, I wonder if they will do a soft reopen ahead of a full reopen, when the time comes, so they can work out any kinks, or if it'll just be a big opening of the flood gates all at once!

Also, I wonder if they will do a soft reopen ahead of a full reopen, when the time comes, so they can work out any kinks, or if it'll just be a big opening of the flood gates all at once!
I think they just need to do a 24 Hr/7Day Schedule for around a couple of months. They could establish some sort of wristband and time restriction, so that you're not able to stay in the parks forever.

That way even if the park gets full, and entry has to be restricted, eventually people will leave, so all the demand can be met.

I know it will never happen, but it's an unconventional idea.

I think they just need to do a 24 Hr/7Day Schedule for around a couple of months. They could establish some sort of wristband and time restriction, so that you're not able to stay in the parks forever.

That way even if the park gets full, and entry has to be restricted, eventually people will leave, so all the demand can be met.

I know it will never happen, but it's an unconventional idea.
Alas, park hours will likely be shorter in the near term so that they can do more "deep cleaning" on a nightly basis.

The real question is will the ride be more reliable when the park reopens next year?
If they aren't doing construction or refurbs, then I'm guessing the answer is going to be "no" since they are likely not doing any work on this either. It may be that prior to opening they have a couple weeks of prep time, but at this point I expect the attraction will open essentially where it left off or possibly even a little worse after having been mothballed for however long this takes. There is only so much the Imagineers can do working from home, after all. Time will tell.

The real question is will the ride be more reliable when the park reopens next year?
I would think that most of us will be so happy that DL is even open that, if we are fortunate enough to be there, this question won't be of primary importance. So many trips had to be postponed or cancelled outright. Complaining or nitpicking about ride reliability isn't going to be first and foremost in people's minds if they do manage to make it back to the park after all this disruption is over.

When the parks closed, did VIP tours have expedited access to the ride or still not yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts