Rise of the Resistance Boarding Pass for large group possible?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
Hoping to get some insight on this. We will be going to Disney 11/28-12/7, we have two days at HS, so hoping at least one, if not both, days we get lucky to get a boarding pass! Anyway. We have a large group of 9. Should one person try to get a boarding pass for our whole group or should we break it up? Thanks!

You should always have more then one guest trying for a Boarding Group. Either on the same MDE account or on a Friend & Family linked account.

You should also practice from home and please note there are only 8 guests per ride vehicle so you group will need to split at some point for or during the actual ride experience.

Dave

I didn’t realize you were able to practice from home! Thanks! We are all connected via our family and friends linked account on MDE.

I didn’t realize you were able to practice from home! Thanks! We are all connected via our family and friends linked account on MDE.

It doesn't really simulate it 100%. There are still errors that can block you from getting a BG in park that wouldn't be detected for the purposes of practicing.

With the changes to the 1st set of boarding groups starting 11/3, you'll be able to attempt to join a boarding group from your hotel starting at 7am. As other people have stated I'd recommend having multiple people in your party trying to join right at 7. Make sure your friends and family list is cleaned out on your my Disney experience apps so it only includes people currently in your travel party to ensure you can select everyone quickly. While it's yet to be seen if this new system for boarding passes will make it easier to obtain one at least you don't have to be physically inside the park for rope drop just to be disappointed if you don't end up getting a BG. Good Luck!

Curious...were you the only person from your party trying or were multiple people in the same group trying?
I was the only member of our group that tried. We were having lunch at Sci-Fi and I went outside with my wife while the rest of the group stayed inside. I found a spot right outside the entrance where I had full bars of data and kept Wi-Fi off. I had my wife's phone on time.gov and mine of the "virtual queue" page of the app. When time.gov hit 2pm I pressed join, join, join and got BG 61 which I thought was pretty good considering they were already loading 42. All nine of us were already selected. I had practiced twice a day for about a month before trying so I'm sure muscle memory helped. That, and honestly the real run (thankfully) went better than most of my practice runs as far as response time/screens loading so perhaps some luck too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter