River Journey AA Question

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
Recently returned from WDW and the only real disappointment I had from anything in Pandora was the final scene of Navi River Journey. There was no audio animatronic at the end.

The shaman of songs was on a screen instead. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful attraction and I'd do it again, but after hearing how impressive the animatronic was I just found this to be anti-climatic.

I tried searching online a little bit, but didn't find anything about when the AA was pulled for a screen, and if this was to be expected going forward.

Recently returned from WDW and the only real disappointment I had from anything in Pandora was the final scene of Navi River Journey. There was no audio animatronic at the end.

The shaman of songs was on a screen instead. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful attraction and I'd do it again, but after hearing how impressive the animatronic was I just found this to be anti-climatic.

I tried searching online a little bit, but didn't find anything about when the AA was pulled for a screen, and if this was to be expected going forward.
This is B-mode for the Shaman. When the Shaman is out for repair they put the screen up instead. It's not a permanent replacement.

Awww, that's too bad. I loved that ride, even more than FOP, and the shaman was pretty cool. What a lame replacement.

Any idea how much an AA like that costs?

Knowing that the AA is the real payoff for the entire ride i's be a bit upset to get through the ride and not see it - so wondering if they could have two of them and just swap them out when one isn't working/needs regular maintenance

Knowing that the AA is the real payoff for the entire ride i's be a bit upset to get through the ride and not see it - so wondering if they could have two of them and just swap them out when one isn't working/needs regular maintenance
There was talk for a while that they built a second one incase issues occurred. I don't know how true that is though. Considering this is the most advanced AA ever done by Disney it has to cost a pretty penny.

Not a replacement just a temporary fix until they put the Shaman back in which is usually pretty quick.

Oh, I figured that - but still, a lame replacement during down time. You would think with the 16 years it took to build, 3 months in, a screen wouldn't be needed. Or, that they would have a better, less-lame backup.

I loved this ride, I really did. I think the screen would take away some of the serenity of it.

Oh, I figured that - but still, a lame replacement during down time. You would think with the 16 years it took to build, 3 months in, a screen wouldn't be needed. Or, that they would have a better, less-lame backup.

I loved this ride, I really did. I think the screen would take away some of the serenity of it.
I agree but I also think its expected that something of this advanced technology is going to have issues from time to time. At least they are quickly fixing the issues each time and not just letting the AA sit there idle like the Yeti.

I agree but I also think its expected that something of this advanced technology is going to have issues from time to time. At least they are quickly fixing the issues each time and not just letting the AA sit there idle like the Yeti.

When the entire ride hinges on one animatronic you can't let it just sit there like Yeti. They have to fix it quickly. You go so fast on Everest that you're only seeing the Yeti (regardless if it's moving or not) for a second. River Journey is obviously different. The whole draw of the ride is this shaman.

When the entire ride hinges on one animatronic you can't let it just sit there like Yeti. They have to fix it quickly. You go so fast on Everest that you're only seeing the Yeti (regardless if it's moving or not) for a second. River Journey is obviously different. The whole draw of the ride is this shaman.

I personally would rather they close the ride while the AA is being fixed instead of the screen at the end.

Unless they had (2) active on a rotating platform like COP, I'm guessing there are dozens of hydraulic connections that cant be quickly changed?

Less than 3 months in and it's breaking? Come onnnnnnn.

That's not necessarily fair. They're still arguably in the teething stages for this area. If in 12 months this is still a bi-monthly occurrence, one: I'll buy you a drink, and two: we might as well all get resigned to permanent B-mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!