River Journey AA Question

Couldn't agree more with jknezek and dlavender. I've previously said theming should be a complement to an attraction and attractions should be the main focus of the lands. Not the other way around. Seems too much lately theming has become the primary objective of the Imagineers instead of making the ride experience as innovative as it can be and to give it more depth.

The River Journey is proof of that: pretty to look at, but outside the AA, to borrow Gertrude Stein's line, "There is no there...there".

well, I think the thing is that they are viewing exploring the land as an "attraction" - for Pandora but even more for STGE with all the shops and the CMs not as traditional CMs but as aliens that inhabit the world and with how it is set up with all the alleys and stuff. So yeah, there are two attractions in the new land but there is hours of entertainment in the land itself if you explore and stuff

The issue I see is with the crowds how realistic is it to be able to interact with CMs in a realistic and fulfilling way when there are a hundred guests to each CM?

well, I think the thing is that they are viewing exploring the land as an "attraction" - for Pandora but even more for STGE with all the shops and the CMs not as traditional CMs but as aliens that inhabit the world and with how it is set up with all the alleys and stuff. So yeah, there are two attractions in the new land but there is hours of entertainment in the land itself if you explore and stuff

The issue I see is with the crowds how realistic is it to be able to interact with CMs in a realistic and fulfilling way when there are a hundred guests to each CM?

Over time you are correct, the land will be just as big as the rides for some.

But I agree that initially, how can you rely on the land when people are shoulder to shoulder?

nrj is perhaps my favorite boat ride on property, the shaman at the end being the main reason why. if i were to wait in line, and go through the ride only to come up to the shaman's normal spot and have there be a screen i'd be highly disappointed...nee i was highly disappointed when it happened last week, i was worried enough that i asked the CM at the end if the shaman would be back, and she said that she would, she was just changing costumes. when we rode it this past monday, the shaman was indeed back

First I've heard of the screen. I was kind of hoping they'd do a "Disco Shaman" like the Yeti. (Not!)

We got the screen last Friday 10-13. We had FPs, I would have been pretty upset if I waited in the regular line.

They need that voice like in It's Tough to be Bug.... "Ladies and Gentleman, today the role of shaman will be played by screen.

The issue with Beti the Yeti is not actually her, but the structure she sits on. Someone didn't calculate the forces she would exert while trying to grab the trains. I hate to say this but I hope they never use that engineer again. From some of the readings and vlogs I watched it would take a fair amount of time to fix the structural issues. I wonder if they would close Everest when Star Wars land opens up. Granted they are in two different parks, but if Star Wars is the big draw, FOP should be able to handle being the top attraction for awhile without the long wait times. Just some thinking out loud...speculating...maybe wishful thinking. I would love to have Beti back in full A mode. She was awesome!

Probably true for most people, but I have to include myself in the latter group. We probably average 3 rides per day and spend the rest of our day "sight seeing." I think a lot depends upon the age of the visitor, the older one gets, the more that rides don't mean as much.

Wait times and FP+ usage seem to contradict the idea that the average guest doesn't care about theming. Even if it were true, count me in the minority that prefers theming. That's what I *love* about Disney, that it isn't just a bunch of rides, but the attention to detail. Look at the queue for Everest, or ToT, or any of the countries in Epcot. Sure, the attractions are a big part of what make Disney, but the theming of the lands and/or attractions is what makes Disney - Disney.

As far as NRJ, I think it's in a tough spot in that it was designed as a C-ticket attraction but has E-Ticket crowds right not because it's so new. I suspect that within a year, the crowds will subside for Navi, but stay high for FoP.. A 15-20 minute standby wait or a tier-2 FP+ for this ride and I think everyone would look at it differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter