Riviera post?

KateMW

DIS Veteran
Is there a general Riviera Resort thread? I searched back a couple of pages and didn't see one? Just looking for general information. Booked a stay for Dec 2021 at the suggestion of my TA and now I'm nervous to try something new.

Thanks!

Is there a general Riviera Resort thread? I searched back a couple of pages and didn't see one? Just looking for general information. Booked a stay for Dec 2021 at the suggestion of my TA and now I'm nervous to try something new.

Thanks!

Since Riviera is a DVC only resort, I’d check over on the DVC Resorts Board as there isn’t a dedicated thread here on this board. Here’s a link to the DVC Resorts board: https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-resorts.187/

ETA, found the Riv thread over there: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-riviera-owners-info-thread.3755767/

Last edited:
We are not DVC but stayed there in August and LOVED it. It is really gorgeous, amazing rooms, great pools, great food, skyliner is fantastic. You'll have a great trip.

Well, you are gonna when you get there! They are trying hard to sell this thing.

Are they like knocking on your door or leaving messages? Because we're going to have words if that's the case - I'll take it as high as I have to. It's one thing if someone stops by the booth or desk to ask about it. It's quite another if they're harassing guests who are allowed to stay there on cash as non-members.

Are they like knocking on your door or leaving messages? ... harassing guests who are allowed to stay there on cash as non-members.

It's only 20% sold, and DVC can only use the points they have sold and declared ready to sell, so not many. The rest are in cash inventory. So, most everyone is going to be non-DVC.

They are low on staff and probably don't have the manpower to harass you even if they wanted to. I'm not even sure the kiosks are staffed.

Are they like knocking on your door or leaving messages? Because we're going to have words if that's the case - I'll take it as high as I have to. It's one thing if someone stops by the booth or desk to ask about it. It's quite another if they're harassing guests who are allowed to stay there on cash as non-members.

DVC never takes those tactics and you have nothing to worry about in terms of that. Not sure why that particular poster would even imply they would.

RIV is a wonderful resort and you will love it, I just came back from a stay at BCV and visited RIV as it’s one of my home resorts,

The food is amazing and so relaxing sitting against the water edge with a drink soaking it all in!

I was looking everywhere for this thread so thank you so much for asking. And thanks for the link!

We are owners and stayed there in July and LOVE it! It's so beauiful and everyone was so fantastic! You are going to love your stay. Also they aren't pushy. They have a DVC desk set up. You can take a tour of the different sized rooms as well and when we checked out other sizes- there was no pressure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!