RIVIERA RESORT

gf7545

Earning My Ears
We are excited to tour the Rivera Resort and get some information on it. Not familiar with how to go about doing it. Can anyone tell me where you go for that and if you did a tour, and what you thought of the new resort? Thanks!

so finally your first reply...we are Riviera owners. we love love love it! its as fancy as grand Floridian, has non-bus access to two parks like Floridian, yet is a couple decades newer. the tour is at Saratoga sales office. there are resale restrictions, so do your due diligence on that. we are probably the only dvc members on the whole planet who like the restrictions, so we aren't the best to ask if you want the majority opinion. we say buy!

My husband and I are interested in trying out Riviera for a weekend to see what it's like. any suggestions?

You can do cash reservations there, though I would imagine they are quite expensive. I bought a small contract there so I would have the option to stay occasionally. I am booked there for 3 nights in Oct, 1 night in Dec and 3 nights in May. I believe that you can go there in look at rooms that are set aside for that purpose. I think the Saratoga Springs sales office is closed at the moment.

our suggestion is definitely to try out the tower studio. it is a completely unique floor plan on property and worth checking out. we personally didnt like how small it is and would only choose it for short stays (like the stay you are thinking about), but "interested in trying out riviera for a weekend" screams tower studio...in our opinion.

Just booked Deluxe Studio Preferred View with AP discount. Anyone have recommendations or opinions of these rooms...specific location to ask for, for example?

Just booked Deluxe Studio Preferred View with AP discount. Anyone have recommendations or opinions of these rooms...specific location to ask for, for example?
Why don’t you check out the dedicated Riviera thread on the DVC Resorts forum? People on there should be able to help you out.
Denise

It looked like more for DVC owners which I am not, but I can certainly move my question there if u think it's not appropriate to post here.

I didn't stay in that room category, but when we stayed in a one-bedroom we were on a high floor in the west wing and I preferred it as I like the view from higher up and that wing is closer to the Skyliner. If you would prefer to be closer to the QS, perhaps ask for the east wing.

If you'd like to be close to the skyliner, ask for a room in the West Wing - and if you want a skyliner view, ask for an odd-numbered room! I found that in the West Wing, the even-numbered rooms face the pool but for a deluxe studio, it's located on the interior corner so our view was facing into other rooms until we got upgraded to a one-bedroom (long, long complicated story - but the staff is amazing!). The higher the floor also, the better the views :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter