Rocket launch thread (see first post for updates)

Some idiot in a boat entered the restricted area so the launch is on hold until they get it out of there. If it was me, I'd launch a missile up the guy's, ahhhh, stern yea his stern.

Everything else is good.

At 3:43 till launch, ground winds caused a hold. If that idiot didn't cause the delay it would be flying right now. Guess he has some splaining to do.

Scrubbed for today. Five No Go/Holds. One for the boat, next two for wind, final two were mechanical. They ran out of time for the launch window. Next chance may be tomorrow.

A run of bad luck and bad timing.
Hopefully they'll get it back on track tomorrow.

Rob,

Same time, same place tomorrow. Targeted launch time is again 7:05.

I guess I'll just delete the whole thing from the DVR and set it up for tomorrow.

Mike,

They are going to make a decision late tonight based on projected winds. If they don't go tomorrow then they have until Saturday. Then things get backed up at the Cape.

We have a successful launch.

Orion with the Delta IV Heavy rocket package is a Beast. Liftoff reminded me of watching a Saturn V launch. It slowly started to climb versus how fast a shuttle would leave the pad.

This is one bad boy. I have a new bucket list item.

Saw it this morning. That is a big som-bit**.

I agree that is looked like it was in slow motion at first and that did remind me of the the old Von Braun lift vehicles. It also seemed to get just a hair off kilter for a moment or two but corrected quickly (and if I did see that, it was a successful test of the flight control properties as well).

I'd love to get down there to see one live as well. I missed seeing any of the shuttle launches and haven't seen one in person since I was a young'en. That'd be something.

Mike,

They are going to make a decision late tonight based on projected winds. If they don't go tomorrow then they have until Saturday. Then things get backed up at the Cape.

I actually sat last night and watched a bit of what was recorded with the vehicle assembly and testing. Interesting stuff.

Turned the TV on this morning about 45 seconds before lift-off. :thumbsup2

I saw the same thing.

Then it probably wasn't my imagination.
I caught my breath for a moment there when I saw that.
Brought up quick images of some of the early Atlas tests and that was something I did not want to see from this vehicle.

Some idiot in a boat entered the restricted area so the launch is on hold until they get it out of there. If it was me, I'd launch a missile up the guy's, ahhhh, stern yea his stern.

Everything else is good.

At 3:43 till launch, ground winds caused a hold. If that idiot didn't cause the delay it would be flying right now. Guess he has some splaining to do.

Scrubbed for today. Five No Go/Holds. One for the boat, next two for wind, final two were mechanical. They ran out of time for the launch window. Next chance may be tomorrow.

One of the guys that works for me was there for the launch that got postponed. It was a stop on the way to a cruise. Needless to say, he was not happy about the delay and was less than understanding about the jackwagon in the boat!

One hates to wish Puten's regime well on any topic...
but a successful supply mission would be a good thing right about now.

Thanks for the fuel, water and oxygen but where are the pretzels and beer? You suck Putin.

Couldn't sleep so I watched the Progress dock at the ISS. Interesting ballet between two objects hauling around the Earth.

Thanks for the fuel, water and oxygen but where are the pretzels and beer? You suck Putin.

Couldn't sleep so I watched the Progress dock at the ISS. Interesting ballet between two objects hauling around the Earth.

There are worse things one could be watching at three in the morning.
Good that we got some staples up there. Now the various groups have a little bit of time to sort out their issues and get back to business.

With all the bad happened today it is good to remember that today in 1969 man began it's greatest journey, the launch of Apollol 11 and the first time man stepped foot of our planet.

Go Baby Go!

Slow mo NASA footage, that thing was a beast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter