ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if DVC has not decided on Rofr before contract closing time? Can Buyer get refunded deposit if property does not close on time?

When Disney has 30 days to decide whether to ROFR, does that include weekends? If 30 days past can contract proceed?

It has to go through ROFR first before a contract close time is set.
Not exactly. The closing date is specified in the contract, which has to be at least 30 days after submission for ROFR.
When Disney has 30 days to decide whether to ROFR, does that include weekends? If 30 days past can contract proceed?
It's the closing date specified on your contract. If you reach that specified date without receiving a response, you can move directly to closing. (I don't know if that's ever happened, but that's how it works.)

Not exactly. The closing date is specified in the contract, which has to be at least 30 days after submission for ROFR.

It's the closing date specified on your contract. If you reach that specified date without receiving a response, you can move directly to closing. (I don't know if that's ever happened, but that's how it works.)
So after 30 days into ROFR the property can go into title company, etc. and then close?

So after 30 days into ROFR the property can go into title company, etc. and then close?

No, you set closing date in the contract which has to be at least 30 days from when the contract is executed. Then, if the closing date you set passes without hearing a response, you can then close.

Look at your contract and you'll see a closing date. That's how long DVD has to respond, not just 30 days from when they receive it.

No, you set closing date in the contract which has to be at least 30 days from when the contract is executed. Then, if the closing date you set passes without hearing a response, you can then close.

Look at your contract and you'll see a closing date. That's how long DVD has to respond, not just 30 days from when they receive it.
Dang, that means closing would not happen on time.

I'd be very surprised if they are completely shut down. People may be working from home, but I can't see Disney shutting down their sales completely.

Call them. Message says the sales office is closed until further notice.
That doesn't mean they aren't working from home, the office is closed but I'm sure people are still working. My husband's office and my school are closed but we are both still working. I don't know any white collar job that isn't still working from home. My sister in law sells hospice services to nursing homes and even she is working from home.

We just sent an add-on contract to ROFR yesterday and my agent just confirmed that the admin department is still open and ROFR's are still being processed. ROFR is probably not showing up much because the market has probably slowed down. We got a great deal on a crazy loaded contract (full points from 2018 and 2019) so we snagged it even though the market will probably go down a bit.

Just heard we passed! I am too embarrassed to enter the official thread of details. I don’t want to get slammed at how high I paid for BCV 100 pt contract. But we sent on 3/13 so passed 4/1. I never expected it to get taken, but it still feels good to be moving to the next step. ETA: This was the sale we tried 5 different resale contracts among 3 different agencies to finally get a BCV contract to “stick”.

Just heard we passed! I am too embarrassed to enter the official thread of details. I don’t want to get slammed at how high I paid for BCV 100 pt contract. But we sent on 3/13 so passed 4/1. I never expected it to get taken, but it still feels good to be moving to the next step. ETA: This was the sale we tried 5 different resale contracts among 3 different agencies to finally get a BCV contract to “stick”.

If it works for you, no shame to be had. We had a great AKV deal that was taken recently (others at the same price passed)... and now we passed at a high price. But getting what you want at a price that you’re comfortable with is all that matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!