ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are delaying sending passes on purpose. Pretty clear to me now at least.
we sent a CCV in on 9/1, heard 9/30, closed last week, deed recorded Friday. We sent VGC 9/9, nothing. I don't think there is some nefarious plan.

Seems like the thing to do for buyers going forward is just to insist on a 60 day closing for new contracts. That really should be plenty of time for Disney. Legally you have to give them 30 days, but anything beyond that is just mollycoddling a multi-billion dollar corporation at the expense of the little guys. Delayed closings are annoying for buyers, but you have to assume that they are a real financial burden on at least some sellers.

Seems like the thing to do for buyers going forward is just to insist on a 60 day closing for new contracts. That really should be plenty of time for Disney. Legally you have to give them 30 days, but anything beyond that is just mollycoddling a multi-billion dollar corporation at the expense of the little guys. Delayed closings are annoying for buyers, but you have to assume that they are a real financial burden on at least some sellers.

Especially some title companies hold sellers payment until points show up to ensure it is accurate,

For the contract I bought, it was 5 weeks for contract to load, so that is a long time to have to wait above and beyond closing..

Passed! Now I can't wait for DW to come home and see her new ears and announcement.

Crash8ART---$98-$16418-160-AKV-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 9/9, passed 10/27
Wow great price on AKV! Guess as long as your not SSR, OKW, or VGF you are in the clear.

Yeah - 7-7s (I've always liked 49 also) :goodvibes
Today is day #41 for me and, like yours, it's a small contract that I'm looking to add, just for foot-in-the door points at BCV.
But while waiting on it, I've seen a couple other offers that were just above what I have in "reserve" for more points.
So if I had a decision from ROFR, I wouldn't be left hanging.....
Good Luck to us both!:thumbsup2🤞
Well I guess lucky 49 didn’t happen. I’ll keep waiting. Nothing else to do. Good luck to you 😊

Ruttangel---$115-$4450-35-OKW-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 35/21, 35/22- sent 9/8, passed 10/27

I knew this would pass but didn’t think it would take this long.
I’m really hoping my BWV passes soon to complete my DVC spending spree.

GL everyone!
Wow. That's a small contract. Were you adding on to a resort/UY that you already had?

We’re all of them within the range where they would be targets of ROFR? If so, have you thought about making offers at a price range less likely to be taken?
Yeah, they were all at a price point that was potentially at risk, any particular reason I should pay more?

Yeah, they were all at a price point that was potentially at risk, any particular reason I should pay more?
I wouldn’t pay more. Eventually one will get through. I know a lot of people take that route but it’s pretty obvious they take at a variety of price points and let a variety of price points through.

Wow. That's a small contract. Were you adding on to a resort/UY that you already had?
Yes, I have 160 at AKV, same UY, and currently also have 70 point BWV pending in ROFR.
I will be 67 and retired when the 2042 resorts end and then I will stop going to WDW in 2057 when I’m 82 🤣🤣😂.......unless it’s underwater before then

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter