Roger Rabbit 2 coming? That'd be awesome!

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
Empire Online had a brief article with an interview with Producer Don Hahn of the recent "Waking Sleeping Beauty. In it he talked about "The Lion King" getting a 3D treatment, but the thing I was most excited about was the talk of a sequel to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." I'd be excited about that one.

Here's the quote.

Just as excitingly, Don Hahn is involved in the long-awaited sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. And while it’s all gone quiet in terms of news on Roger 2 — the last we heard was back in November, when it was announced the original’s writers were working on the script — the producer confirms, albeit coyly, that it is still very much happening. “Yeah, I couldn’t possibly comment. I deny completely, but yeah… if you’re a fan, pretty soon you’re going to be very, very, very happy.”

You can find the full story here.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28191

That would be totaly cool, but only if the story is really good and the original voices come back.

Epic! I loved the original as well, I hope they get the original voices to come back. Or at least very good actors who sound the same, because I'm sure there are some actors who wouldn't be able to hit the same range they used to.

Either way, it sounds awesome!

What would the story be though? At least with the first one, they had a book to loosely base it off of.

What would the story be though? At least with the first one, they had a book to loosely base it off of.

The last story idea that was floated around, and worked on (from what I gather the budget got too high, so Eisner pulled the plug and shifted the funds to make Pearl Harbor) was a prequel, detailing Roger's getting involved in Showbiz in New York City and meeting the lovely Broadway Showgirl named Jessica who he ends up marrying and moving to Hollywood with... That script supposedly had some tin-pan alley type songs written by Alan Menken in it as well... With new writers, I don't know if that means there will be a completely new story line, or what.... there was also rumors of a Roger Rabbit Direct-to-Video story set during WWII, where he and some other toons helping out in the War Effort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter