Rookie Question Re AKV

WallyBear

Mouseketeer
What is the difference between Jambo House and Kidani Village? Is one better/more fun for kids? Thanks!

Jambo house is at the main Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are DVC rooms there and regular rooms.

Kidani is strictly DVC. (I think the pool area is better suited for younger children).

All of the DVC units in Jambo House were converted from hotel rooms. They are on the 5th and 6th (Concierge Level) floors. All of the 2-bedrooms in Jambo House are lock-offs.

Kidani Village was built from the ground up as DVC Units. There are rooms on the 2nd to 5th floors. The 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units in Kidani Village are larger than those in Jambo House and have an additional bathroom.

To Disney, it's one resort with two buildings. You have full use of all of the standard resort amenities regardless of which building you are staying in.

What is the difference between Jambo House and Kidani Village? Is one better/more fun for kids? Thanks!

Jambo House:
- DVC rooms on 5th and 6th (concierge) floor
- large lobby
- Mara (CS), Jiko (TS) and Boma (TS)
- Victoria Falls Lounge
- larger pool with inferior slide. No splash area
- large gift shop
- DVC 1 and 2 BR's only have 1 and 2 full bath
- second stop for park buses; first stop for DTD buses
- large flat lot parking
- larger superior game room

Kidani Village:
- DVC rooms only
- smaller lobby
- Sanaa (TS)
- Sanaa lounge
- smaller pool area with excellent slide
- great splash area for toddlers through about 12 yo
- small gift shop
- DVC 1 and 2 BR have 2 and 3 full bath
- first stop for park buses; second stop for DTD buses
- under building parking (can park under your room section)
- smaller inferior game room

I'm sure I left something out. We actually prefer Kidani for the larger rooms and extra bathroom. We also like the pool area at Kidani better. Some don't like Kidani since there is no counter service restaurant. That is not an issue for us, but may be an issue if you need easy access to a CS for kids. We have a DS7 who enjoys the pool area better at Kidani. Here is a website dedicated to Animal Kingdom Lodge that has some good information, as well.

Thanks for all of the informative replies. We are going to be spending 6 nights and I am trying to decide whether to do a split stay between BLT and AKV.:confused3

When we stayed at AKV, we stayed at Kidani and loved it. We ventured over to Jambo for the CS. Honestly, we did not care for the CS at all at AKV.

We have sated at both Jambo and Kidani. Both are beautiful!!! We prefer Jambo mainly b/c that is where the QS location is.

Another one here who prefers Kidani over Jambo. Better pool and play area, better sit down restaurant, more bathrooms in each unit, and better and more personal Informational programs.

I also am NOT a fan of the Mara quick service.

I would never choose to do a split stay if I had a choice. It's just too much trouble to pack up and move mid-trip.

We have stayed once at Kidani and would love to stay there again. We have not stayed at Jambo House, however we found it easy to walk over there from Kidani. Kidani will be our first choice at AKV since we like being a little removed from the action, and we like the convenient parking at Kidani (ground floor directly under the villas). I thought Sanaa was one of the best meals I've had at WDW, so that is another plus for Kidani. We usually stay in 2BRs, so not having a quick service place in Kidani was not a problem for us.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter