Room Only Discount Question

Windixon

Earning My Ears
I have a room only reservation at Pop, end of October. I am waiting for RO discounts to be released, and was playing with numbers to try to guesstimate my options. I was calculating discounts, 10 - 20%, off of my current reservation prices.
Today I went on the website and put in my same dates, same hotel, same room type, and the current rates are much higher.
When RO discounts get released, say at 15%, is this off the "current" rack rates? Or off the price locked in with my previous reservation. If it is off the current rates, even a 20% discount won't be a better deal than what I have booked. Just curious if I am looking at this correctly?

I have a room only reservation at Pop, end of October. I am waiting for RO discounts to be released, and was playing with numbers to try to guesstimate my options. I was calculating discounts, 10 - 20%, off of my current reservation prices.
Today I went on the website and put in my same dates, same hotel, same room type, and the current rates are much higher.
When RO discounts get released, say at 15%, is this off the "current" rack rates? Or off the price locked in with my previous reservation. If it is off the current rates, even a 20% discount won't be a better deal than what I have booked. Just curious if I am looking at this correctly?

When did you book your original room only reservation? Disney quietly did a rare mid-year rack rate increase several months ago. That may explain the different rack rates. But yes, I believe if you modify your reservation to a discount if available, it will be off the current rack rate (not what it was when you booked).

I booked in early February. I have a split stay and the couple nights at the cabins barely changed, but the nights at Pop increased $30 per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter