Room request BWV Boardwalk view

dvctraveler

Earning My Ears
Can you help on a room request for BWV, I have a Boardwalk view room booked and wanted to request a room with a great view and location. Can anyone suggest a building, floor, room number or all of the above. It would be great if you could include any reason why. Thanks for your help.

There's only one building. I prefer top floor for a better view, less noise and no one above you. Some of the BW view rooms are far from the elevator (down by Jellyrolls, elevator is off the lobby), so you can try to request close to elevator if that's a problem.

Check here for reviews:
http://members.aol.com/InstImpres/boardwalk.pdf

We've requested non-smoking, top floor both times that we've had the BW view. We've ended up almost at the end of the hall in the Crest O' the Wave section, on the 4th and 5th floors. The view is wonderful down there! It is quite a walk from the lobby, though. :)

One word of caution, the lower the floor, the more noise you are likely to hear from activities on the BW.

HTH

DVCconvert said:
One word of caution, the lower the floor, the more noise you are likely to hear from activities on the BW.

HTH

Also, it seems that the closer you are to Village Green, you'll get more noise from the Boardwalk. The trade off is that, the farther out you are, although it's quieter, the longer the walk from the elevators. What size unit are you looking for?

Here is the BW front so you can see where all it is possible to be:
212182004_1230_163029AA.JPG

Where would you request a Boardwalk View that room that would be closest to the main swimming pool?

Thanks!

champagne27 said:
Where would you request a Boardwalk View that room that would be closest to the main swimming pool?

Thanks!
There really aren't any BW view rooms that are close to the main pool. Your best bet would be to request close to the elevators.

FWIW, I don't think there is a "bad" or a "best" view if you were lucky enough to snag a Boardwalk view.

If it were me, I'd just request non-smoking and upper floor. When I got to my room, I'd check out all the stairways to see which would make the best "shortcuts" to the places I want to go. Of course if you are traveling with strollers, ECVs, wheelchairs or anyone who can't do stairs, you'd be better off close to the elevators.

Bets wishes -

LOL, folks walk for miles around WDW but get all in a fuss because a room with a great view might be 100 feet from an elevator. I don't get it. :confused3

We just returned from our first trip home to BW and had a 1 BR: 2049. Pluses: NS, just down the hallway from the front desk, a quick trip down the stairs to the BW and a big balcony. Minuses: HA (which really wasn't a big issue once we located the bath mat!), and location on the 2nd floor on the very corner above the Screen Door, so it was noisy with an entertainer under our balacony until about 10 each night (this also meant we felt like we had no privacy on the balcony in the evening as the audience was always starring towards us!).

We had requested NS on a higher floor, but the resort was full and they could not accomodate us, even when we found out the HSIA in our room was out and could not be fixed until the next day.

All in all, we did not fall in love with the BW view based on this room. In a way it is good thing, as we are comfortable trying the SV to save points. Even with a less than perfect location, however, I would still probably book a BWV over a PV (assuming both were available), as I think there are more "less than desirable" PV than BWV rooms.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter