Room Requests

I've had good luck with room requests but generally go to the front desk upon arrival (noon-ish), and am willing wait for a room that fits the most important request(s).

Hi.

I am leaving for BLT two weeks from tomorrow. I always use TPs for room requests and always get exactly what we request. This time, Ill be there during a busy time and not so sure it will work but still going to try.

I cannot remember when I usually send in the request. Is it 10 days before?

Hi.

I am leaving for BLT two weeks from tomorrow. I always use TPs for room requests and always get exactly what we request. This time, Ill be there during a busy time and not so sure it will work but still going to try.

I cannot remember when I usually send in the request. Is it 10 days before?

You can set up the request anytime. They send it approx. 5 days before check in I think.

You can set up the request anytime. They send it approx. 5 days before check in I think.

Thank you. Do you think two weeks is too early? If so, Ill wait until next week? Just trying to time it perfectly lol

Thank you. Do you think two weeks is too early? If so, Ill wait until next week? Just trying to time it perfectly lol

I don't see the value in waiting. Once I know our reservation won't be changing I email MS with any room requests. It's just going to be noted on the file whether it's 2 weeks or 11 months in advance and will be seen just the same.

Last edited:

Oh, sorry, I must not have fully explained. You have a form you fill out with TP and that can be done at any time. 6 months or 1 week won't make a difference. They store that info you submit and they take care of the timing of when it's sent and just send what you have filled out to go in the fax. When you fill out your part doesn't matter - I'd do it as soon as I knew what I wanted to request.

Several years ago, in at least two of the DVC Member magazines, they specifically requested Members to NOT fax requests to the resort, basically saying they would be ignored and or trashed. Instead they said we should call requests into Member Services. Can you imagine being the room assigner, and receiving literally 50 to 100 faxes per day about the perfect room? That is one reason they created the Near HH booking category at OKW, even though it is the same amount of points.

I don't see the value in waiting. Once I know our reservation won't be changing I email our MS with any room requests. It's just going to be noted on the file whether it's 2 weeks or 11 months in advance and will be seen just the same.

Oh, sorry, I must not have fully explained. You have a form you fill out with TP and that can be done at any time. 6 months or 1 week won't make a difference. They store that info you submit and they take care of the timing of when it's sent and just send what you have filled out to go in the fax. When you fill out your part doesn't matter - I'd do it as soon as I knew what I wanted to request.

Thank you both very much. I will do that today or tomorrow. My plans are FINALLY set and stalked my full 8 nights at BLT LV studio. Yey me!

Several years ago, in at least two of the DVC Member magazines, they specifically requested Members to NOT fax requests to the resort, basically saying they would be ignored and or trashed. Instead they said we should call requests into Member Services. Can you imagine being the room assigner, and receiving literally 50 to 100 faxes per day about the perfect room? That is one reason they created the Near HH booking category at OKW, even though it is the same amount of points.

Thank you. Yes, I remember we shouldnt send faxes any longer but TPs still has that option and I still use it and always been successful. I usually call too but I find the TPs very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!