Rope drop strategy.. totally worth it!

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
As this weekend the capacity is at limit.. I got to the parks 60-80mins before official time park opening... they were letting people in and most of rides were open..

At MK by open time I had gotten into Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan and Splash Mountain :)

At HS by open time I had made Slinky, Railway, and in the line of Falcon.. by 11 I had done Falcon and already boarding for RoTR...

It was very fun!!

But I feel for those arriving just at park opening hours because they found an already lenghty queues..

First time spending summer weekend in WDW.. super hot.. I lived having personal fan and cooling tower at hand..

I felt safe despite the crowds... hope that we are all healthy in 2 weeks...

I noticed this last month when we went to Hollywood Studios. We were in line about 20 minutes before opening and we got our boarding group 47 which was not until around 4:30. I noticed that there were already people lined up for Runaway Railroad, so they must have been letting people in early. Going back this Sunday so I may try to get there earlier and see what happens.

I noticed this last month when we went to Hollywood Studios. We were in line about 20 minutes before opening and we got our boarding group 47 which was not until around 4:30. I noticed that there were already people lined up for Runaway Railroad, so they must have been letting people in early. Going back this Sunday so I may try to get there earlier and see what happens.
As long as you were in the gates by 10am, it should not affect your boarding group number....that is just sheer luck

As this weekend the capacity is at limit.. I got to the parks 60-80mins before official time park opening... they were letting people in and most of rides were open..

At MK by open time I had gotten into Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan and Splash Mountain :)

At HS by open time I had made Slinky, Railway, and in the line of Falcon.. by 11 I had done Falcon and already boarding for RoTR...

It was very fun!!

But I feel for those arriving just at park opening hours because they found an already lenghty queues..

First time spending summer weekend in WDW.. super hot.. I lived having personal fan and cooling tower at hand..

I felt safe despite the crowds... hope that we are all healthy in 2 weeks...
Thanks for the advice! We will be there next week. Watching recent videos the parks definitely look busier. I'm hoping we feel safe. Quick question. We are staying at WL but will have a rental car. Do you think to go early it is a better strategy to drive or take Disney transportation. For MK I assume we'll take the boat early. But for HS do you think its better to drive vs Disney bus? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the advice! We will be there next week. Watching recent videos the parks definitely look busier. I'm hoping we feel safe. Quick question. We are staying at WL but will have a rental car. Do you think to go early it is a better strategy to drive or take Disney transportation. For MK I assume we'll take the boat early. But for HS do you think its better to drive vs Disney bus? Thanks in advance!
for HS is better to walk! Get to the Boardwalk resort and walk from there../ in a car you will be in the line to enter because gates open at 9am.. even for a guest drop ride

Last I heard, they were holding cars at the parking lot entrances until 30 minutes prior.....this could have changed You cannot park at Boardwalk if you are not staying at Boardwalk but you could try to take an uber to Boardwalk and then walk over to HS.

Thanks! Do they let Uber's in without dining reservations? I know they wouldn't likely let us in with our rental car without a reservation.

Or would a bus from the hotel we'll be in (WL) just be better? Not sure when they start running - I can check with the hotel. I'd imagine that first bus will be busier. It is sounding like if we can get to Boardwalk that is the best. With Covid just sounds difficult to visit other resorts.

Thanks! Do they let Uber's in without dining reservations? I know they wouldn't likely let us in with our rental car without a reservation.
I got there in Uber.. no issues.. I explained to the security person and let me in..

Or would a bus from the hotel we'll be in (WL) just be better? Not sure when they start running - I can check with the hotel. I'd imagine that first bus will be busier. It is sounding like if we can get to Boardwalk that is the best. With Covid just sounds difficult to visit other resorts.
Yes, buses-skyliner-ferries etc are scheduled to try to avoid getting all people at the same time... so if you definitely want the advantage of the rooe drop.. walking is the best way

Yes, buses-skyliner-ferries etc are scheduled to try to avoid getting all people at the same time... so if you definitely want the advantage of the rooe drop.. walking is the best way
At least during the week that I stayed there..

How did you get to MK early? We are driving and staying at Yacht Club in 3 weeks so we can walk to HS and Epcot. I’ve read they won’t let care into TTC parking lot more than 30 mins before park opening. Do you have any advice on getting to MK and AK? Thanks!

How did you get to MK early? We are driving and staying at Yacht Club in 3 weeks so we can walk to HS and Epcot. I’ve read they won’t let care into TTC parking lot more than 30 mins before park opening. Do you have any advice on getting to MK and AK? Thanks!
I took Uber to the Contemporary and walked from there... / Also Uber to AK with no issues arriving about 40mins before official opening
Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!