ROTR boarding pass snafu: talk conspiracy theories here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutt

Mouseketeer
On Feb 26, someone at Disney IT pushed the wrong button and suddenly lots of people in Alberquerque and Flin Flon ended up with boarding passes to ROTR. At the end of the day, Disney seems to have extended a fastpass and complimentary park ticket to anyone who had an unused backup boarding pass. Talk conspiracy theories, injustice and how much your last minute flight cost here.

Someone in the bg thread mentioned that there have been breakdowns in system communications before. I think that's what happened here. The system for park entry and the system for boarding groups couldn't talk to each other, and the failsafe was to let anyone book a boarding group. It makes sense why this would be the failsafe, since the other option is not allowing anyone to book a bg and the ride doesn't do anything all day (because they're not gonna open standby until the ride is for sure out of the woods).

I'm still intrigued on how they handled it though. I guess there was no way to tell who was actually in the park, even later on in the day, which is why practicers outside the park got the FP/ticket in their MDE. Kinda makes me wish I practiced yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!