Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

1xy3k8.jpg

HA!!

I feel like I need to right my own ship. So maybe we can talk about weather??? That's fun????

Sunday 10/29 Chicago HC15k
I can only assume I'll be in wave 1 because I was last year and the 10:00 pacer was in the corral in front of me and I finished with exactly 10:00 avg which is what proof I used because I didn't think I needed to try for anything faster. And so my guess is wave 1.
Too long, didn't read version: I think I start at 7:30am but won't know til I get my bib assignment.

(fun fact that if you've ran the HC race before, they will just take your previous years time as your proof automatically and you can always submit a better race...but at least you KNOW that you automatically won't be last-corralled or whatever....wouldn't that be nice if disney did that??? popcorn::)

What was I talking about???

Oh weather!

Partly cloudy
high 58, low 46
10% chance rain
57% humidity
SW winds of 10-15mph
sunrise 7:19am

I'll take it. Wouldn't mind that wind dying down a bit.
Had a weird idea that I could maybe just hang around the 10:00 pacer (if they are in my corral, which it would seem they should be, you'd think) for however long I want. And judging how I feel just bop ahead at the end or not or fade back or not. I'm not going to do anything that I think will compromise my legs for the following week but I think that might be a fun way to do it?? I guess we'll just see how I feel that day.
Whatever happens...
4037ea7ed8d212c94c6649a5790473517a3d64aa99b1663f8e7a7e47fa0bbd07.jpg

I feel like I need to right my own ship. So maybe we can talk about weather??? That's fun????

Sunday 10/29 Chicago HC15k
I can only assume I'll be in wave 1 because I was last year and the 10:00 pacer was in the corral in front of me and I finished with exactly 10:00 avg which is what proof I used because I didn't think I needed to try for anything faster. And so my guess is wave 1.
Too long, didn't read version: I think I start at 7:30am but won't know til I get my bib assignment.

(fun fact that if you've ran the HC race before, they will just take your previous years time as your proof automatically and you can always submit a better race...but at least you KNOW that you automatically won't be last-corralled or whatever....wouldn't that be nice if disney did that??? popcorn::)

What was I talking about???

Oh weather!

Partly cloudy
high 58, low 46
10% chance rain
57% humidity
SW winds of 10-15mph
sunrise 7:19am

I'll take it. Wouldn't mind that wind dying down a bit.
Had a weird idea that I could maybe just hang around the 10:00 pacer (if they are in my corral, which it would seem they should be, you'd think) for however long I want. And judging how I feel just bop ahead at the end or not or fade back or not. I'm not going to do anything that I think will compromise my legs for the following week but I think that might be a fun way to do it?? I guess we'll just see how I feel that day.
Whatever happens...
4037ea7ed8d212c94c6649a5790473517a3d64aa99b1663f8e7a7e47fa0bbd07.jpg

I literally choked on my coffee and the laughed out loud. R-Mama strikes again with perfect comedic timing!

I am also stalking next weekend's weather.... come on NO wind!

I'm too afraid to stalk Orlando weather because the rain changes so frequently and it's not like we'll change our plans.

I've been tempted but any rain icon will bum me out!

Weather looks decent (if a bit windy). Nice. I think hanging with the 10:00 pacer could be a good idea ... don't push yourself too hard, but see if you can keep up that lace for a bit. I like it.

Also ... if we ever do a Hershey race meet, assuming it works with my schedule (which unfortunately it sometimes doesn't), I'm totally game. Let's do it!

Weather looks decent (if a bit windy). Nice. I think hanging with the 10:00 pacer could be a good idea ... don't push yourself too hard, but see if you can keep up that lace for a bit. I like it.

Also ... if we ever do a Hershey race meet, assuming it works with my schedule (which unfortunately it sometimes doesn't), I'm totally game. Let's do it!

Yeah, it's totally gonna be a run by feel kind of situation.

My race is Nov 5, can I start weather-stalking now too??

I'd say yes even if your race was Nov 5, 2018.

PS I'm going down the insane person bib stalking rabbit hole with my hot chocolate race because clearly even when I don't care about my finish time, I still find all kinds of validation in how awesome of a human I am based on a letter on a piece of paper. The website said I'd know 10 days before the race, but still nothing.

I think today may be the day we tell kiddo about her birthday trip to WDW. She has so many ideas about how her birthday is going to be that I don't want her to flip out if her little plan in her head is different than what happens.
(She got the planner gene from her mama)

I've gone on full "printable invitation from Mickey" Pinterest mom mode. I'll be sneaking off to get toilet paper or something (but actually gift wrap for the magic bands) and we are going to Disney Live tomorrow. Nana (roxymamasmama) and pawpaw are coming for pre birthday to give a present and then mickey one will magically appear. Ahhhhhh!!!!

I had to share. Wish us luck :) I'll report back!

I think today may be the day we tell kiddo about her birthday trip to WDW. She has so many ideas about how her birthday is going to be that I don't want her to flip out if her little plan in her head is different than what happens.

I've gone on full "printable invitation from Mickey" Pinterest mom mode. I'll be sneaking off to get toilet paper or something (but actually gift wrap for the magic bands) and we are going to Disney Live tomorrow. Nana (roxymamasmama) and pawpaw are coming for pre birthday to give a present and then mickey one will magically appear. Ahhhhhh!!!!

pixiedust:

How fun!! Can't wait to hear her reaction.

Ahhh! I seriously love watching Disney surprise videos (so if you take a video, post it! ha!) I hope it's as magical as Pinterest itself! :)

How many days before you leave? Must be getting super excited!! Does roxyhubby get in to it as much as you do?

If you get a chance would love to see what you have planned (especially now I have first hand experience!)

So slight change of plans thanks to roxyhubbies smart thinking. Tomorrow after Disney Live stage show we are going to give the letter from mickey because we will have just seen mickey. And then it will make sense that he gave us the letter in person. Don't worry about pics and video...we will have those ready to take! A play date with a buddy today trumped any other excitement for the day :)

I'm so excited to tell her...ahhhhhh!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!