Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Fritter auction?

Now we're talking. I currently live in a fritter free community so I am not afraid to pay top dollar.:)

In all seriousness congrats on the Chicago decision, that is a great charity and an amazing way to get in your first Marathon. A friend here worked with girls on the run in the past and truly enjoyed it and I am sure you will too. Excited to read about this new marathon training journey.

a) You're amazing. Amazing, amazing. I tried to start a GOTR council in my small town and got denied. So I love that you are doing this.
b) I will buy baked goods if you will ship them. Haha.
c) My fundraising tip is BE OBNOXIOUS. You just have to be. Last March I shaved my head for St. Baldrick's, which is an organization that raises money by having places host events where people raise money and then shave their hair off and the money is donated to Childhood Cancer Research. I raised $6000, my goal was $5000, and I was just beyond annoying. I posted on FB, IG, Twitter... I made business cards and handed them out to people. My birthday happened right before the event and I posted that all I wanted for my b-day was a donation. You're doing this for an AMAZING cause, so don't think of it as benefiting YOU. You are running this marathon to benefit and empower young girls. And in the time that we are in right now, these girls NEED that. So go on girl and tell EVERYONE what you're up to.
d) OMG YOU'RE RUNNING A MARATHON NEXT YEAR!!!!
e) But you'll still do Dopey in 2019, right?????

Thanks jennamfeo for the kind words. I really like the sentiment of that I'm doing this for the girls not for me. I think that will help not just in raising the funds but in the actual pounding the pavement. Not sure I'm brave enough to shave my head but keep the creative ideas coming.
I used to be a pretty advanced cross-stitcher and I'm starting to think that maybe I need to start making some stitched samplers but with people's PR's and little shoes, medals etc. My brain is a turning.

Fritter auction?

Now you're talking. Hmmmmmmm????

I'm happy it worked out that Chicago will be your first marathon. I'll be cheering for you every step of the way from the other side of the lake!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You planted the seed in my brain so it's technically your fault :) I think if you yell loud enough I'll probably be able to hear you.

Now we're talking. I currently live in a fritter free community so I am not afraid to pay top dollar.:)

In all seriousness congrats on the Chicago decision, that is a great charity and an amazing way to get in your first Marathon. A friend here worked with girls on the run in the past and truly enjoyed it and I am sure you will too. Excited to read about this new marathon training journey.

I found out about GOTR because my husband knew someone who worked with them too. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh I will definitely buy fritters if this happens!

Gotta start brainstorming a way to make a fritter with a giant green G in the middle...hmmmmm

@ZellyB mwahahahaha :teeth:
24197797807_d758ef4b8a.jpg

Hey @FFigawi look, first 26.2! We all know what the next logical step is, right? :stir:

Margaritas? Beer? Both?

Just checked your fundraising page...dude, you're already over 10% of the way there!! :worship:

Consider it a contribution towards the world's longest race recap that you all know is coming. I mean I can write 1000 words on 3.1 miles. So just imagine with 26.2!

Also I love dis-board people and I can't talk about it or I'll start leaking from my face again.

ROXYMAMA's WEEKEND PLANS!

Friday night: watch the movie Elf bc OMG everyone go check out @ZellyB 's gif fest on her journal. I feel like I need to get my Elf dose for the year.
Saturday: Run in the morning (I know...that's not like me...but I have a busy day ahead) via my modified "I was sick and need to recover" mileage per coach B.
Then we are going on the Polar Express!!! Like the real one. To the North Pole!! (aka Chicago's Union Station)
It's a work event from hubby's work and I'm excited. But I don't know if wearing my pajamas will be appropriate or not? Then we have another work related party at night. Everyone pray my cough stays at bay. that or I'll just be downing cough drops left and right.
Sunday: Run in the morning again...I know, I know...who am I? Because we have a blackhawks hockey date at night (only my second game of the whole year which is not like me either.)

Thank you again to everyone for the marathon encouragement. I was reading the marathon weekend thread (I'm such a lurker) and am getting excited for everyone.

Polar Express is just too great for words! We will need pictures of course. It sounds like a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!