Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

It's not black yet, but a nice dark maroon. The right big toe.

Yup, that's my toe too! I'd take a picture, but gross. Just look at your toe, then add some hair, and that's basically it.

I'd like to suggest OPI's "Cajun Shrimp." It's my favorite.

Oh right, add some hair to the toe, then some tropical Cajun shrimp...that's my toe ;)

samsies. wish i was better with all the gifs, am sure there is something good.

So I'm gathering that the mark of a marathon finisher is not the medal or the jacket but the color of ones toes???

Yup, that's my toe too! I'd take a picture, but gross. Just look at your toe, then add some hair, and that's basically it.

Oh right, add some hair to the toe, then some tropical Cajun shrimp...that's my toe ;)

I'm so glad I am not eating shrimp for lunch right now!!!

And in OMG It's a RACE WEEK!!!!!! News.
My Corral assignment for the HC15k is Wave 1, Corral C. Same as my last 3 years. Works for me. My 9-10 min-ish mile brethren. We'll see if I just let them all go and then if I chomp any???
I do like that this race series will just automatically use your time from last year if you ran it prior. And then lets you submit a better POT if you want. I normally just go with whatever I did last year.
Should be 47 and raining so let's hope that forecast turns around. The 47 can stay though.

It's Hot Chocolate Race Week!!!

200w.webp

It's hard for me not to identify with Anna. I can't think of a time I did not want to stuff chocolate in my face. Maybe not during a run...but directly after running??? Yes, please!
giphy.gif

So this weekend is going to be craaaaazy. I realized a few days ago that I'd failed to plan for bib pickup during our busy busy week so luckily my father-in-law is going to be my savior and pick it up.
Saturday we have ballet class, taekwondoo belt graduation, and a 6 year old's mega bday party at one of those indoor hamster tunnel places. I also need to make a metric ton of mashed potatoes for the next day.
Sunday is the hot chocolate race followed by "Fakesgiving" where we have our Thanksgiving extremely early (or late if you are Canadian) and a baby shower. Guys I'm going to eat so much cake this weekend!!
giphy.webp

So I may not be on the most well rested legs when I take the starting line on Sunday. Add in all the Halloween candy that I'm required to steal from my child and I'm not exactly the poster child for Runner's World right now.
giphy.gif

But I can't say No to free chocolate (that I technically pay for with my entry fee.) And after moooonnnths of really hard work and focus it's kind of nice and ok to just "wing it" for a race all care-free and pixie-like.

My overall mood is still pretty exhausted by life and I've been working late and not sleeping a ton. So I'm just going to have fun and have some chocolate.
200w.webp

Now let's hope the rain continues to hold off. Forecast is looking drier for now!

And after moooonnnths of really hard work and focus it's kind of nice and ok to just "wing it" for a race all care-free and pixie-like.
There is something rather liberating about those kinds of races. Avengers last year was my first race in 5 years where I was not running a multi race challenge as part of the race, so I enjoyed just being able to focus on the one race and not really worry about my time.

I'm suuuper jealous. I can't make the Hot Chocolate race in AZ work with my schedule so it's on my maybe plan for next year. In the meantime, I just ate my weight in Peanut M&Ms because chocolate.

I'm suuuper jealous. I can't make the Hot Chocolate race in AZ work with my schedule so it's on my maybe plan for next year. In the meantime, I just ate my weight in Peanut M&Ms because chocolate.

Drat, and you probably have the sparkly chocolate brown skirt ready to go too!!! Just come to Chicago next year to help me celebrate my 5th anniversary of running it and we can dress as Anna and Elsa. or wait....how about an excuse for me to go to AZ next year....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wow, I just updated my page one to include my marathon race recap link and started counting. I've done 38 races. Which means this weekend is 39 and my WDW half marathon will be race #40.

My first ever reason to start running was to run the 5k at WDW (which was so scary!) and now I'll be running the half at that same event because it will be "easy and fun" to run. 40 races!!!! I can't quite believe that.

Just a happy little thing I discovered just now :)

I'm so glad you bought them both. LOVE!!!

I skipped all the Sephora and ulta sales this year which is not like me so I was due for an overindulge at some point here.

Ahh! I am so unapologetic... I LOVE them and so glad you got them!!

Hope this was a bright spot for your tough week... :hug:

I realize how the purse is impractical for carrying most things. But I DONT CARE! I'm going to prop that lil guy up on my dresser at home when I'm not theme-parking or attending Buffett concerts.

They only had the walt disney world jerseys in medium on down so I got a medium.
I feel like I had to make that quick decision with the rose gold spirit jersey and I had to get a small. I am not a small anything, but it fits just fine. So I am sure you will be okay! Love them both!!

I feel like I had to make that quick decision with the rose gold spirit jersey and I had to get a small. I am not a small anything, but it fits just fine. So I am sure you will be okay! Love them both!!

I'm still in that weird "not really a true large anymore but so used to being a large that I still tend to buy things too big" mode. So I'm thinking I'll be fine with the medium since they're supposed to be baggy anyways right?
:)

Finally caught up on your journal! I love your tiki bird costume! I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing one before. I like your creativeness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts