Royal Caribbean calls its collection of new health protocols, "The Royal Promise"

I love that RCL has a plan! I think a lot of those protocols will keep people safe, and while I‘m really rooting for them to do well, such a cruise does not appeal to me.

We’ve had 2 cruises canceled on us this year, and as much as I’d love to cruise sometime soon, I’m willing to wait for the return to normal, regardless of how long that takes.

I love that RCL has a plan! I think a lot of those protocols will keep people safe, and while I‘m really rooting for them to do well, such a cruise does not appeal to me.

We’ve had 2 cruises canceled on us this year, and as much as I’d love to cruise sometime soon, I’m willing to wait for the return to normal, regardless of how long that takes.
This is pretty much how I feel. I would be happy just to be able to travel internationally next year. Some kind of land trip wearing a mask doesn't seem as bad a being on a cruise with a mask. Everything my family loves about cruising requires socializing with other people. A mask just doesn't work.

Not sure if previously posted, but here is MSC COVID cruising quick info >>>

and from a passenger's experience >>>

p.s. -- we have a MSC Seaside YC out of PC in March and even with MASK MANDATES IN PLACE, we will cruise!

I’m hopeful that by the time cruising really gets going again, the industry will not only have a vaccine but also a rapid Covid test to administer as everyone boards the ship. (They are currently offering these tests to passengers flying from LAX to Hawaii, and anyone testing negative does not have to quarantine for two weeks when they arrive.) If the cruise line can be assured that no one boarding has Covid, maybe the restrictions will be lifted slightly and we won’t have to wear masks outside...?

p.s. -- we have a MSC Seaside YC out of PC in March and even with MASK MANDATES IN PLACE, we will cruise!

The second video really gives you the « real feel » of how it’s going to be. It’s not perfect but good enough. I’ll know what to expect while cruising in 2021 (if we can get out of Canada).

The second video really gives you the « real feel » of how it’s going to be. It’s not perfect but good enough. I’ll know what to expect while cruising in 2021 (if we can get out of Canada).
You can easily get out of Canada by air....just not by car!!

I’m hopeful that by the time cruising really gets going again, the industry will not only have a vaccine but also a rapid Covid test to administer as everyone boards the ship. (They are currently offering these tests to passengers flying from LAX to Hawaii, and anyone testing negative does not have to quarantine for two weeks when they arrive.) If the cruise line can be assured that no one boarding has Covid, maybe the restrictions will be lifted slightly and we won’t have to wear masks outside...?

Unfortunately, testing doesn't assure/guarantee them that nobody boarding has covid, even if everyone tests negative.

All of the existing tests have a false negative rate - so it is possible someone should have tested positive but instead tested negative due to an error of the test itself.

Errors can also happen during testing - eg a problem with swabbing - that results in a false negative.

And if a person is infected but doesn't yet have enough of a viral load, they will test negative. They may not test positive until hours or days later, depending on when they got infected and the individual course of their infection.

Thanks for sharing. That ship really looks empty though. I don't think that's going to be the norm. Even at 50% capacity, that will still be a lot of people. Precautions look manageable.

Unfortunately, testing doesn't assure/guarantee them that nobody boarding has covid, even if everyone tests negative.

All of the existing tests have a false negative rate - so it is possible someone should have tested positive but instead tested negative due to an error of the test itself.

Errors can also happen during testing - eg a problem with swabbing - that results in a false negative.

And if a person is infected but doesn't yet have enough of a viral load, they will test negative. They may not test positive until hours or days later, depending on when they got infected and the individual course of their infection.

But that's how it is/will be everywhere - schools, resorts, planes, work places, etc. We all need to figure out how to deal with it because it's not going away and whatever is happening now isn't going to work long term.

This is why I hope on longer cruises they will have the ability to re-test on day 4 of cruise.

This is why I hope on longer cruises they will have the ability to re-test on day 4 of cruise.

The other issue is the moment anyone leaves the ship to go to port and comes back that is another time they get exposed. So we would need more than just one retest but a test every time you come on the ship.

The other issue is the moment anyone leaves the ship to go to port and comes back that is another time they get exposed. So we would need more than just one retest but a test every time you come on the ship.

Would be better to test before getting off ship since a test getting back on won't capture an exposure that day but could prevent passengers from spreading it while in port.

You can easily get out of Canada by air....just not by car!!

You can but you have to quarantine for 14 days when you come back.

(I’m not gonna spoil 2 extra weeks of vacation when I could simply be patient for a few more months.)

Plus, our government don’t recommend it at all.

5DFF677C-4F46-442E-BD18-E1713EFD0DCA.jpeg

Source: Canada.ca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter