Royal Caribbean Makes a Dining Change That's More Severe Than Carnival's

I've been on 30+ cruises and I've never felt the MDR ever had anything spectacular in terms of meals. I've had very good meals and I've had very bad meals, but most of the meals just fall under "filling". I also never have expected the food quality to be great considering everyone can order multiple appetizers and entrees.

I certainly never book a cruise thinking I'm going to go on a culinary adventure. The only excitement I get about food on a cruise is knowing at 2 or 3am I'll have crappy pizza I can eat to soak up all the alcohol for the day. There have been a few nice surprises on cruises where they had some decent food selections. For instance, guy's burgers and shaq's chicken on the Mardi Gras was great, but those are also just burgers and chicken nuggets/sandwiches. I don't think on any cruise I've been on or any line I've been on I have ever been over the moon on the food itself.

I am a fan of shorter dinner times. I recall the kids literally falling asleep at the table. After a long day in the sun, they would zonk waiting between courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter