Royal Caribbean to offer third dining time

Just saw this article. Curious if others will offer this too.

Royal Caribbean to offer third dining time to give guests more options
I hated the main dining room. I want to eat when I feel like it. We are going on RCI next year for my daughter’s wedding. It’s a much bigger cruise with a lot more stuff than we enjoy. We loved the Celebrity Solatice. It was smaller and the crowd was older and quiet which was perfect. We were able to pick a table by ourselves and also only did main dining room once.
We are hoping that RCI will offer some discount packages for the premium restaurants so we can do that instead.

Have been on RCL before? I cruised with them in November for the first time in 20 years. I really liked the flexibility of my time dining and we were always seated either by ourselves or with others in our group (we didn’t always dine at the same place same time but did a few nights). RCL regularly runs sales on things like dining and drink packages. We did the unlimited dining package and did a combination of MDR using my time dining and specialty restaurants.

Have been on RCL before? I cruised with them in November for the first time in 20 years. I really liked the flexibility of my time dining and we were always seated either by ourselves or with others in our group (we didn’t always dine at the same place same time but did a few nights). RCL regularly runs sales on things like dining and drink packages. We did the unlimited dining package and did a combination of MDR using my time dining and specialty restaurants.
No this will be first RCL cruise. We are really anxious. I get sea sickness so I’m going to ask the doc for scopolamine patch. Someone told me that if I wait until Black Friday they always discount the packages so we are holding off.

We've only been on four(?) cruises, but never had problems getting tables with just our party (2, 5, 5, 7). My understanding is the current MTD doesn't officially start until 6:45. You can line up early and they'll fit you in as early traditional diners either don't show up or finish.

I get sea sickness so I’m going to ask the doc for scopolamine patch.
I've heard many people complain that the patch itself made them feel poorly. If you get them you might want to try them out before your cruise just to see what effect it has on you.

I've heard many people complain that the patch itself made them feel poorly. If you get them you might want to try them out before your cruise just to see what effect it has on you.
Super. It’s my daughter’s wedding so I have to go. I just would prefer not to be green the entire week.

Super. It’s my daughter’s wedding so I have to go. I just would prefer not to be green the entire week.
I've used Gravol Ginger chews when I've felt queasy (looking at you, Time Warp @ Canada's Wonderland). That might be something to explore.

My Time Dining might be difficult if the entire wedding group is dining together.

As for the third dining time, it's a good idea for the guests, but bad for the restaurant and kitchen crew. Two covers/night means that you have some time to get things set up and gives the kitchen some leeway if they're having a day.

Three covers/night means the turnaround time is a bit more rushed, service might be a little more sloppy and if the kitchen gets behind, it could have greater impact for the diners.

I've used Gravol Ginger chews when I've felt queasy (looking at you, Time Warp @ Canada's Wonderland). That might be something to explore.

My Time Dining might be difficult if the entire wedding group is dining together.

As for the third dining time, it's a good idea for the guests, but bad for the restaurant and kitchen crew. Two covers/night means that you have some time to get things set up and gives the kitchen some leeway if they're having a day.

Three covers/night means the turnaround time is a bit more rushed, service might be a little more sloppy and if the kitchen gets behind, it could have greater impact for the diners.
But, if they've been putting MTD in tables that ED have left, they're basically doing three seating now. :P

We did MTD on one cruise, but Royal has changed how they did it. Back then, two dining rooms (floors) were "traditional" and one was MTD. Which was great. That meant you could reserve MTD from when the dining room was open.

Shortly before Covid, Royal decided to use all three rooms for traditional, and then "fit in" MTD if people didn't show up for traditional or left early. But they couldn't take reservations early, because they didn't know what tables they'd have available (my guess). So that's why you can't make a MTD reservation until 6:45 now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter