Royal Pacific - Can you walk to IOA/USF?

cathyz

Mouseketeer
We're considering RP for a T-Day trip. I can't quite figure out the location by looking at the map. We stayed at HRH over Christmas and were able to walk to both parks. Portofino was across the highway, and I guess you couldn't walk from there.

I just need to know if you can walk and if anyone can give me an idea of where it is. I guess I should have seen it in December...duh!

Thanks!

On the other side of the parking garage.

Hmm.. Can you walk?

Good question.

Not now.

IMHO, they need to build a overhead cross walk. I'm sure that's been thought of.

Seeing there are 1000 rooms planned, they'll figure this out.

Hey, overhead crosswalk, and a new entrance next to Hulk.

Now that would rule.

I looked at a map of the shuttle buses for the walkway. It looks like you have to cross the street to get to the parks. I haven't seen construction for either a walkway or an underground tunnel.

When I called to change my reservation from HRH to RP's Club level (fan club rate) I asked specifically if you could walk to parks and he said yes.

Now, I'm a little worry after reading this post that we'll have to go cross street or garages to get to a park??? Bummer!

From what I was able to see, yes, you will have to cross the street to get the IOA. It looked as if they were going to have a driveway opening (sort of) on the resort side accross from the Hulk, now if they are going to make a crosswalk, I don't know. I do know you don't have to walk past the parking garage at all.

When we were looking at it...it looks like the sidewalks will come across for walking to the parks/citywalk area. I think they are already in place because there was a security guard there...not letting you go so far in the RP direction.

There is a sidewalk under the bridge that spans the waterway to Royal Pacific. It seems like it will be an easy matter to extend that sidewalk to bring you out next to Margaritaville.

My guess is that you will be able to walk from RP alongside the waterway, just as you can from the other hotels.

Based on what we have seen Kelly wins the prize. There is no way they will let you enter right next to HULK and bypass port of entry. :p

The shuttle buses will be running too, probably. I like the shuttle buses, although they seemed a little more crowded than what I saw a few months ago. Perhaps more people are learning about the buses from this board! :)

Time for a good ol' rumor....
Look (possibly) for the fancy golf carts you see at various places around UO to do a taxi-like service to & from the parks. May be for Club Level only, may be on a pay basis.
Just passing on what a PBH employee & I were chatting about couple weeks ago.
I can imagine how this rumor will become twisted now. Grain of salt people...
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter