Royal Pacific logistics

peanut520

Mouseketeer
So I'm no cancelling my daughter's bday trip to Universal this Sunday! I actually need to start with my planning since I've literally been spending the last 2 weeks trying to figure out if we should go and then getting harassed by folk how think it is crazy to go. I usually have all my WDW plans done by 60 days out so this feel very stressful to me. I yet have settled on the king suite for our first (me, bf and my dd11) visit at RPR for 3 nights. We will arrive early to MCO (8:30am) and take a Lyft to the resort and should be there around 9:30am.
  1. What is the best room to request? High floor with quick access to the parks with something other than a parking lot to look at would be nice.
  2. Can I add club level access to the suite? Anyone know the cost? wondering if it worth it or order groceries since I hate the Orlando tap water smell.
  3. Do they have a mattress topper for the sofa bed?
  4. I plan to order water and some fruit for the room from Whole Foods via amazon if we don't get club level. Do I have to be there for the delivery? or will they hold the groceries like Disney (last trip 2108)?
  5. Does the resort do anything for a birthday? Disney has decorated our room before for my dd's bday.
  6. Can I bring my 40oz hydro flask to the parks?
  7. What are your favorite places to eat in the parks and city walk? I already planned for 3 broomsticks, leaky cauldron, and toothsome.
  8. Hagrid's is a must do for us share with me your plan of attack to get on the ride. should we skip trying our first day since we won't be in the parks until 10.

Last edited:
So I'm no cancelling my daughter's bday trip to Universal this Sunday! I actually need to start with my planning since I've literally been spending the last 2 weeks trying to figure out if we should go and then getting harassed by folk how think it is crazy to go. I usually have all my WDW plans done by 60 days out so this feel very stressful to me. I yet have settled on the king suite for our first (me, bf and my dd11) visit at RPR for 3 nights. We will arrive early to MCO (8:30am) and take a Lyft to the resort and should be there around 9:30am.
  1. What is the best room to request? High floor with quick access to the parks with something other than a parking lot to look at would be nice.
  2. Can I add club level access to the suite? Anyone know the cost? wondering if it worth it or order groceries since I hate the Orlando tap water smell.
  3. Do they have a mattress topper for the sofa bed?
  4. I plan to order water and some fruit for the room from Whole Foods via amazon if we don't get club level. Do I have to be there for the delivery? or will they hold the groceries like Disney (last trip 2108)?
  5. Does the resort do anything for a birthday? Disney has decorated our room before for my dd's bday.
  6. Can I bring my 40oz hydro flask to the parks?
  7. What are your favorite places to eat in the parks and city walk? I already planned for 3 broomsticks, leaky cauldron, and toothsome.
  8. Hagrid's is a must do for us share with me your plan of attack to get on the ride. should we skip trying our first day since we won't be in the parks until 10.

High floor in T1 would be the quickest access to the walking path. T3 is closest to the boat dock. However, all towers connect in the central lobby area, no real difference in time.

You can add Club Level if there is availability. Check either before you go or at check in. Have no idea of cost to add, heard someone say $135 per room, also heard $125.

You can request a mattress topper.

Never order groceries so can’t help you there.

You can order a celebration package to be in the room when you arrive. The link below is the amenity list from RP. It’s in the first post of the RP sticky.

https://d3opdn976v5yna.cloudfront.n...oom/rpr_star_service_amenity_catalog_2016.pdf
We all have our favourite places, have a read of the food sticky damo has created, its excellent. Funnily enough the 3 places you mention are places we don’t eat in.....lol.....but many do an enjoy them. There are so many good places to eat in the parks, Citywalk and the hotels too offer many wonderful choices.

Also the Universal website has what you can and can’t take in the parks......

Water view is a step up $ but worth it.
You have a view of the streaming brook in front of the hotel or water canal which many also have the park view of IOA.

Building 1 and 3 (either one) are nice.
Building 2 has less views but they do have the streaming brook.

Call the hotel and give them your reservation number and request your new preferences for the room.
Room set up in the past, were sent to the room scheduler about 3 days out from guest arrival.

I use car service and do a stop at Publix for a case of water and a few Pepsi
I munch on snacks from city walk or the parks.

I have zero experience with using Amazon for food/beverage delivery to the hotel.
Maybe others can guide you for that question you asked.

For #7, we enjoyed Mythos in the park and Cowfish in CityWalk. For some unknown reason, my oldest daughter really wants to go back to Finnegan's, but I thought it was just ok.

For #8, you best option is to get to IOA early. We got in line by 8:00 in November and they opened the gates by 8:45. You can always watch the app and hope for a short line, but it did not work out for us. Perhaps if enough people cancel (we were heading down tonight,. but decided not to go), the lines won't be too long.

6. My DH carried a go cup of “coffee” into the parks every day. Nobody questioned it until he tried on a Mardi Gras concert day. They were very strict then.

You can order a celebration package to be in the room when you arrive. The link below is the amenity list from RP. It’s in the first post of the RP sticky.

Also the Universal website has what you can and can’t take in the parks......
I checked the sticky and read the entire thread, I also tried to get in touch with a concierge via phone and email without luck. I would have liked a cake without the extra in the pamphlet.

I also search and read all the park tips on the universal site and know that they allow water bottles but didn't specify a size. I was hoping some could confirm there wasn't an issue with a larger bottle or I can bring 2 smaller of us.

Water view is a step up $ but worth it.
You have a view of the streaming brook in front of the hotel or water canal which many also have the park view of IOA.

Building 1 and 3 (either one) are nice.
Building 2 has less views but they do have the streaming brook.

Call the hotel and give them your reservation number and request your new preferences for the room.
Room set up in the past, were sent to the room scheduler about 3 days out from guest arrival.

I use car service and do a stop at Publix for a case of water and a few Pepsi
I munch on snacks from city walk or the parks.

I have zero experience with using Amazon for food/beverage delivery to the hotel.
Maybe others can guide you for that question you asked.

thank for the room info, I appreciate your input (and hoping you would reply) as I have read this is your favorite room category. I will call them tonight!

For #7, we enjoyed Mythos in the park and Cowfish in CityWalk. For some unknown reason, my oldest daughter really wants to go back to Finnegan's, but I thought it was just ok.

For #8, you best option is to get to IOA early. We got in line by 8:00 in November and they opened the gates by 8:45. You can always watch the app and hope for a short line, but it did not work out for us. Perhaps if enough people cancel (we were heading down tonight,. but decided not to go), the lines won't be too long.
Cowfish looked good too!

I am planning to RD mon and tues and my daughter laughed when I told her we need to be there by 8:00am. she is used to being at MK at 6:30am for RD during xmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter