ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously.
Do you know if you can purchase distilled water in the shop(s) at the hotel? DH uses it for his CPAP machine.
Thanks.
I don't know but will look later today S I'm at rpr now

Will ask where it can be bought if none in the gift shop

Sorry I'm late with the info about the cpap machine, forgot which thread it was in

I talked to a manager at rpr check in desk

There is no distilled water sold at
rpr

Was told Walmart sells it by the gallon for 99 cents

You can hire the black sedans that are in front of the hotel drop off circle entrance or hire a taxi to go to Walmart

This place is maybe ? a 10 minute ride

If you use the black sedans, they will wait for you to go into the store for returning back to the hotel

Just back from a 2 night stay. I don't suppose that with a 67 page thread it really matters much what one person thinks or cares, but I found the place very meh.

Theme is fine, but not really all that strong. Hotel employees were pleasant but it's not exactly high service. There were a few issues with our stay -- not exactly anyone's fault but nobody bending over backwards to seem all that worried about it. Computers were down when we checked in. They had to monkey with the system just to get us keys to use as express passes and we had to return. In the meantime, they had to take a ton of information and the line got crazy. I don't remember how long we were made to wait but it took a while and seemed longer since we were anxious to get to the parks. On check out, the valet couldn't find our keys and so we had to wait for them to straighten it out. We had a late flight out so had asked for 30 extra minutes to check out of our room. They said no. Late check out, of course, is never guaranteed and we were hoping but not expecting, but it added insult to injury to have asked for a late check out, be told no, gotten out on time, only to be made to stand in the humid air in the valet for at least that long while they ran around trying to figure out what they had done with our keys.

I also had a bit of a weird experience at the attractions desk. I had a 2005 ticket that had an entitlement on it, and I needed a bar coded ticket to use at the turnstiles. I got a can't do type who wanted to keep telling me what couldn't be done, while I gently had to prod to keep trying. Eventually it got done, but that was sort of par for the course.

Room was fine. Decent amenities, bed was ok. The bottom line is that what you're paying over $300 a night for is being able to walk to the parks and express pass, and they know it. There is really no reason for them to try particularly hard. Maybe they usually do. I dunno, I'm a sample size of one. But the truth is that if it were motel 6 quality, but had the same location and express pass, they'd probably sell it. And I'll probably pay it again if I go back.

Last edited:

Just back from a 2 night stay. I don't suppose that with a 67 page thread it really matters much what one person thinks or cares, but I found the place very meh.

Theme is fine, but not really all that strong. Hotel employees were pleasant but it's not exactly high service. There were a few issues with our stay -- not exactly anyone's fault but nobody bending over backwards to seem all that worried about it. Computers were down when we checked in. They had to monkey with the system just to get us keys to use as express passes and we had to return. In the meantime, they had to take a ton of information and the line got crazy. I don't remember how long we were made to wait but it took a while and seemed longer since we were anxious to get to the parks. On check out, the valet couldn't find our keys and so we had to wait for them to straighten it out. We had a late flight out so had asked for 30 extra minutes to check out of our room. They said no. Late check out, of course, is never guaranteed and we were hoping but not expecting, but it added insult to injury to have asked for a late check out, be told no, gotten out on time, only to be made to stand in the humid air in the valet for at least that long while they ran around trying to figure out what they had done with our keys.

I also had a bit of a weird experience at the attractions desk. I had a 2005 ticket that had an entitlement on it, and I needed a bar coded ticket to use at the turnstiles. I got a can't do type who wanted to keep telling me what couldn't be done, while I gently had to prod to keep trying. Eventually it got done, but that was sort of par for the course.

Room was fine. Decent amenities, bed was ok. The bottom line is that what you're paying over $300 a night for is being able to walk to the parks and express pass, and they know it. There is really no reason for them to try particularly hard. Maybe they usually do. I dunno, I'm a sample size of one. But the truth is that if it were motel 6 quality, but had the same location and express pass, they'd probably sell it. And I'll probably pay it again if I go back.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a perfect stay nor enjoyed the hotel too much.

But extra sorry to hear you didn't find the employees tried hard. I feel sad you didn't have the same experience we always have there.......just back after our usual stay and found all the staff wonderful as always.

They can't do enough usually. But I'm really sorry that wasn't your experience.......

Hope your time in the parks was a lot of fun though........and thanks for your post........:)

Sorry to hear you didn't have a perfect stay nor enjoyed the hotel too much.

But extra sorry to hear you didn't find the employees tried hard. I feel sad you didn't have the same experience we always have there.......just back after our usual stay and found all the staff wonderful as always.

They can't do enough usually. But I'm really sorry that wasn't your experience.......

Hope your time in the parks was a lot of fun though........and thanks for your post........:)

No reason to be sad for us. It was fine. We got what we wanted out of it -- express pass and great location. I wasn't expecting a luxury experience. I just was a bit surprised at the ambivalence. As noted, we are just a small sample size.

To be sure, everyone was pleasant while they were telling us "no," and "can't do that." Probably the biggest mess was their decision not to really try to problem solve when their computes were down. They had 50 people in line, and all most of wanted was express pass, and it didn't seem like they had to give everyone the third degree and take 5 minutes per guest just to let us get on with our day. The manager was clearly more worried that someone who didn't have a genuine reservation would get an unentitled express pass than he was worried that he was making people paying upwards of $400 a night for express passes stand around forever fumbling with their phones to prove they had a confirmation e-mail before they would produce the magic keys. That's a pretty big service failure to me, but in the end, theme parks are about waiting and it was just one more line. Fortunately, we were relatively close to the front when the computers went down.

The valet problem? Stuff happens. They seemed like they were trying to work the problem. It was just really crowded and at capacity and I think maybe that taxes everyone a bit.

My favorite ride is Dr doom
In T 3 can see that ride from
my room

I no longer do Hulk
Stopped enjoying that ride 4 years back

Hulk? We aren't game to do the scary ones...

Oh you should try it once......you’d like it........::yes::

my room

I no longer do Hulk

I do love the view from the rooms we have too........Dr Doom is a lovely shade of purple at night usually.......:D

my room

I no longer do Hulk

The Hulk is actually a lot of fun to just sit and watch. Every time we pass it I have to stop and watch for 10 mins. I love the roar when it goes by.

The Hulk is actually a lot of fun to just sit and watch. Every time we pass it I have to stop and watch for 10 mins. I love the roar when it goes by.

It is quite something to watch isn’t it! And yes that roar is spectacular........

We love hearing it from our room early am when they test it every day........nice to listen to it.......better than an alarm call any day!

Well, we didn't make it on, (too scary we decided) but I am not sad. I made it on FJ and that absolutely made my year. Best ride I have ever been on.

A question: Are there two Emeril restaurants at Universal, or is the one they talk about at Royal Pacific the same one I have seen walking over to IOA????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!