Royal Up

smores

DIS Veteran
just got an email for my up coming cruise....said I can "make an offer" to upgrade to a suite....anybody ever done this?

just got an email for my up coming cruise....said I can "make an offer" to upgrade to a suite....anybody ever done this?
It is brand new for Royal, just started yesterday I think. I think it is like the thing they have on NCL. You put a bid in for at least the amount listed for each type of room. I assume if you are the high bid, you get the upgrade. We got the emails today for our upcoming back to back cruises in January.
Denise

We received an email yesterday for the Royal Up bidding process, too. No thanks, not interested.

Haven't gotten one for our b2b cruise in February. Waiting to see what a suite upgrade would run.

I think airlines do this too.

I will probably try this, maybe a near-minimum bid, but no real expectations of getting an upgrade.

One of my friends recently did this. Put in minimum bud and notified. She got a Huge suite and said she loved all the perks too much and didn’t want to leave the stateroom.
Said she’d do it again in a heartbeat.

When do they let you know if your bid has been accepted?

We did a bid on our Independence cruise this past December. We didn't get it (which we guessed as we were trying for a room with very few on board), but we got the email of not getting it the day before the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!