Mouseketeer
The Rozo Family is going on the Disney Dream!!! :jumping1:
216601_10150268577124670_4683910_n.jpg

The Rozo Family:
Me/Mom: #1 Mom/Step-Mom and Vacation Guru
69810_10151480191944670_1097314358_n.jpg

PapiDaddy: #1 Dad, Soccer Coach, Movie Critic & Comic Fan
525672_10151436465024670_522619308_n.jpg

DD21: Dancer Extrodinaire, Educator, Disney Princes, Dean College Grad' 2013 - Turning 21 on the Cruise
487975_10151534113910269_1910022795_n.jpg

DD15: Dr. Dolittle, Soccer Star, Snickers lover, Batman Fanatic
391386_10151109558294670_727564362_n.jpg

DD9: Pastery Chef in training, Soccer Star, Disney TV Fan
523469_10151518584734670_1720729789_n.jpg

When our WDW yearly passes expired on St. Patrick's day weekend of 2012 we said our sad goodbyes to the castle and began counting down to 2014 when we would buy our passes again so it was more of a "See Ya Real (kinda) Soon."

I was going through cervical cancer treatment and right before Christmas was given the "All clear" Yay no more cancer :dance3: but then I was hospitalized with staf. After a week in the hospital (including NYE) and Most f January of 2013 at home on IV antibiotics and under Nurses care we decided that the family needed a little magic pixiedust: a lot sooner than 2014.

Because DD21 lives and goes to University in Massachusetts, our yearly family vacation is VERY important and some years its the only time we get ALL be together. So with 2013 being such a BIG celebratory year I had to find the perfect family vacation!

I worked with my Awesome Friend/TA to help put this together. A quick search pulled up a The Disney Dream 3-day cruise leaving on May 23rd - That's DD21 21st Birthday princess: I was a sign! We had to get on this boat!

This was going to be our 1st cruise and we weren't sure how to surprise everyone so we chose to video chat. DD9 and DD15 thought we were going to Magic Kingdom for the day to take DD21 to Be Our Guest to Celebrate her 21st Birthday but DH and I knew better. Here's how it went:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u_5HvO2GPPw

That's when our countdown began :hourglass

As Vacation Guru I needed to start getting this trip organized. Thank Goodness for Dis Boards :worship:

First I put in a request on for some magnets:
30_rozo_family_cruise_beach.jpg

I also printed some autograph book pages and made them each a book with their names on it:
CAM00360.jpg

Then it was time to gather some gear.
I got a great deal on snorkel masks sets at Walmart for $16. I know we can rent them on Castaway Cay but we live in Florida and will get good use out of them:

Summer+Fun+014.jpg

Everyone I spoke with said we really didn't need the flippers :confused3

I read on the DisBoards that the cups at the drink stations were really small and got these 16oz insulated cups for the DDs for $7 (on sale) at our local Disney store:

Summer+Fun+015.jpg

DH & I wanted a bit more space so we got these 32oz cups at Walmart for $5:

Summer+Fun+017.jpg

DH mentioned he had gone on a cruise another lifetime ago and got sea sick. I tried to convince him that the ships are much less shakey nowadays but after reminding me how nauseas he felt after Mission to Mars in Epoct I got him these drops just in case:

Summer+Fun+019.jpg

I did a lot of lurking on the DisBoard DCL Forums and got some great ideas on what the cruise would be like but I struck gold when someone posted the Navigator for the February 3-day :disrocks:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

Now I could make us an itinerary :rotfl:

I had to make two itineraries since we have second seating dining but are hoping to be switched to 1st seating. I know everything is subject to changed but it made me feel much better to have a timeline to keep us organized :banana:

24 days to go and my fabulous TA sends me a text to let me know our pre-travel paperwork including our luggage tags had arrived :banana: Luckily we were meeting up the next day to go to the movies :woohoo:

My hands were actually shaking when she put this in my hands :hyper:
13+-+1

13+-+2

13+-+3

We're getting closer....

I want to take pictures when we snorkel :fish: so I got this underwater one-time use camera for $9 at Walmart.

13+-+1

Then the girls said they wanted to take pictures too so a bought another one for the three of them to share. Its 27 exposures so they each get 9 shots. "Use them wisely" I said :)

I want to have a champagne toast when we first enter our stateroom. But I didn't think lugging around glassware in our carry-on would be a good idea. I went to the Dollar Tree and they had this pack of 6 for $1 Perfect! :thumbsup2

2013-05-05

There is so much to celebrate on this first cruise one of them is the College graduation of DD21 :goodvibes
971991_10151624195540269_813520144_n.jpg

Notice how she decorated her cap in true Disney style :cloud9:
We are so very proud of her :hug:

We already have out outfits planned and our Pirate wear packed :thumbsup2 Just one more week to go :cool1:

love ya post waiting for more to come. Arthur Family 1st Disney Dream cruise in Aug. can't wait.

I managed to do laundry the Saturday before and pack everything on Sunday except the carry-on drinks that are in the fridge.
The pink bag is a carry -on with a six pack of water and our drink cups.
The smaller blue suitcase next to it is our day bag which has our dinner clothes.
Since it was a 3-day cruise, Hubby and I shared the Big blue, DD9 & DD15 shared the Medium blue DD 21 had the Zebra. There is also a small blue (originally a laptop bag with wheels) which we used for our carry-on liquor bag. (1 bottle of champagne, 1 bottle of Vodka, 1 bottle of wine and a 12 pack of Coronas)

Disney+Dream+002.jpg

We are ready to go.......See ya in the post trip reports :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter