RPR Club Level 8/27-8/31 Adults only trip

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
Party: 2 adults (one 40+, and the other 50+)- former UO annual pass holders, were regular attenders from 2001-2006/7 - Did one quick visit to UO when Forbidden Journey opened. On this last visit, the Diagon Alley section was not complete, Transformers was not complete, and the train was not complete This last visit also did not have Kong, or Jimmy Fallon. For reference, we visited Universal Hollywood last year.

We had been at RPR before but it was a long time ago . Had not done Club level before at RPR. Our previous club visit was Portofino Bay at least 6 years ago.

8/27- Ariived in Florida the 24th, picked up a rental car from MCO and drove to Sarasota area to see my family. The plans were to return the rental car to the Hertz desk at Hard Rock.

Drove from Sarasota to a quick visit to Disney Springs (all has changed!) and it started pouring- we were soaked in the short walk from Uniqlo to the garage.

Drove to a quick Walmart visit on Turkey Lake Rd, and then to Universal. Started pouring again, and the valets offered to return our rental car to Hertz lot for us. Sure thing!

Off to check in, and then we went to the 7th floor with our club key. No express card anymore, room key will suffice for express. (This was the case during one of our onsite visits years ago and one other visit we needed the separate express card) Room wasn't specifically ready, but we could go to club lounge

Got to the club level as dinner time/drinks began. It was quite nice. The pulled pork sandwiches weren't that great, but the Coronas were flowing. Deshawn offered to get our room keys (we had temporary key to get us upstairs since our room wasn't ready) - in about 5 minutes he came back with our keys to our quiet room 3737. (corner king room) . Room is down the hall but not a terrible distance to club level. My fitbit gave it a 200 step walk.

In all excellent club visit: did breakfast everyday- fruit and hardboiled eggs were fine for me every morning, stopped by lunch time a few times (two times there were uncrustable PBJ sandwiches as well as chips, fish crackers and yogurt pretzels)

Dinner time was busy, Asian night was especially crowded with no seats when I went- took food back to room. Sometimes made it to sweets hour- cookies were not great, (lack of flavor) but the min flans and boba mousse with coconut was good. Excellent service all around.

Beverages included: sodas, coke products, sparkling water Voss brand, Corona, Bud products, red wine, white wine and white zinfandel

Pool area: in hot tubs everyday of visit. Two hot tubs, both on either side of two cabanas. One is a small one and a larger one. Many rowdy unsupervised children in the hot tub (it's 104 degrees- very sensitive to young skin) It was not relaxing, but fortunately kids realized it isn't a pool - you can't do laps or handstands in it and left within 5 minutes or so. There were some very well behaved kids with family in hot tubs, but quite a few that were not behaving well.

Distance to parks: Excellent walk to parks- easy beautiful and fun. Only used the boats three times (after 28,000 steps one day and after 30,000 steps the other) We usually walked to IOA, and then took the Hogwarts train to Universal

Last edited:
PARKS- Diagon alley section is beautifully done. I do miss Jaws, but this section is a good replacement. Gringotts coaster is incredibly themed.

We rode everything - except Minions, Shrek (done them before and they were full of kids!), Terminator 2 and Make Up show since the shows themselves have not changed in ten years. Tried to get on Pteradon Flyers (used to be able to go on as adults) and were denied.

Hulk redo is amazing! Loved every minute of it.

Loved the train so much- liked the journey from IOA to Universal better than Universal to IOA. The Universal to IOA train has longer lines with many people taking pictures.

Men in Black - one of our favorites- is showing its age. I remember when it was brand new.
ET- showing its age as well- the preview film is very old now

Jimmy Fallon- what a queue line- One time we had the barbershop quartet on the stage, and the other time had Hashtag the panda

Kong- very similar to Hollywood's Kong, but done in a much better way - ride vehicles, queue line (they scared me!) and the overall experience is better.

See that Fast and Furious is coming- Hollywood has the same ride.

CITYWALK/ FOOD : Toothsome is new, I cant eat milkshakes so had the Brookies, Cookies and cream dessert and it was huge and couldn't finish. Husband had the peanut butter milkshake and didn't have dinner- it was so filling. Did the dessert bar downstairs around 3 pm. - slight wait but not hideous.

NBC sport bar (replacement for Nascar) had a very good waitress and had appetizers, came back another day and had the HUGE pretzel.- which was our lunch

Ate at Jake's (RPR) only once- limited late night menu and was expensive for what it was

Cowfish (also new) - both of us got the bento boxes with the mini hamburger and sushi- it was huge and filling-

Margaritaville- did the walk up bar twice for margaritas. The frozen mango one was delicious.

OTHER HOTEL VISITS- Walked from Citywalk to Sapphire Falls- it's a very long walk. Could not pool hop either- Sapphire Falls has key readers and our RPR key didn't work. Once the lobby let us in, it started pouring and pool was closed. The gym area at Sapphire falls is gorgeous. I wish RPR had that set up. No bus to hotels in afternoon (only for dinner reservations) and missed the IOA bus. NO boats due to weather. So had to walk in the pouring rain back- it was a very wet 1.2 miles. Sapphire Falls is too far to walk multiple times in the day- the boats for Sapphire falls were always full. The hotel itself looks like its right next to RPR but there is no direct route I could see.

Another day we walked from City walk to Portofino and Hard Rock. Our last stay onsite was at Portofino and it was under construction at that time- it is a very pretty resort, but quite far. We saw that the main pool area at Portofino was not shady. It was a bit loud with a bingo game, but limited children. (the mic didn't need to be that loud for only a few kids playing bingo you could hear the bingo game on the walking path) The staff at Portofino and Hard Rock both had pool guards checking room keys for entry. Then walked to Hard Rock- pool area had live music and an ADULT only hot tub! More kids at Hard Rock than at Portofino.

I thought pool hopping was allowed but not At Sapphire falls- they had room key pool entry doors and our RPR keys did not work. There were guards at both hard rock and Portofino. At RPR they may not have had a guard at gate but to get a towel they asked either for name and room number or to show a key

I thought pool hopping was allowed but not At Sapphire falls- they had room key pool entry doors and our RPR keys did not work. There were guards at both hard rock and Portofino. At RPR they may not have had a guard at gate but to get a towel they asked either for name and room number or to show a key

Not sure what happened for you but pool hopping is definitely allowed for Sapphire Falls too.

We went over to the pool a few times.

Not sure what happened for you but pool hopping is definitely allowed for Sapphire Falls too.

We went over to the pool a few times.

THey have room key activated gates and our RPR key didn't work. Tried three different entrances. Finally went through the lobby and they let us in (once we showed RPR card) . Maybe it is something new they have implemented.

THey have room key activated gates and our RPR key didn't work. Tried three different entrances. Finally went through the lobby and they let us in (once we showed RPR card) . Maybe it is something new they have implemented.

Glad you got in.

They've always done it that way as far as I know. There must have been an issue when you were there.

I wouldn't like anyone to think they couldn't pool hop at Universal, it's a definite perk to be enjoyed by many.

Really glad to hear you had such a nice trip overall.........

Glad you got in.

They've always done it that way as far as I know. There must have been an issue when you were there.

I wouldn't like anyone to think they couldn't pool hop at Universal, it's a definite perk to be enjoyed by many.

Really glad to hear you had such a nice trip overall.........
Yes but they were definetely checking cards at Portofino and Hard Rock. Royal pacific made the guest use a name room number and or a room card to get a towel .

Yes but they were definetely checking cards at Portofino and Hard Rock. Royal pacific made the guest use a name room number and or a room card to get a towel .

We've always done that at the hotels.

Some folks say they aren't asked, but usually on our first couple of visits we are asked, after a few days they know us well so stop asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!