Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

ShadeDK

Permanently Staying in Room 237
I saw the following earlier tonight and after reading through the Primeval Whirl thread:

https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/indiana-jones-land-animal-kingdom/

It's an interesting rumor - one that not only replaces (the oft maligned) DinoLand with a ready IP, but can be done relatively easily in the existing space (similar to Pixar pier) and converting existing rides (notably DinoSaur).

Without commenting on whether this is a good idea or whether Indiana Jones belongs in AK, it almost makes too much sense for that area. I have to confess I'd visit there more than the current DinoLand.

I would just like to add there are several options on the table for Dinoland. Also this rumor originated from the visionary soul on wdwmagic.com.
Thanks - both for the context and original source. It's all speculation and connecting the dots at this stage. It seems like a lot of those dots connect here and seem reasonable - which usually means it'll never actually happen.

Snake Land

Why did it have to be snakes?
Mola Ram's Ropebridge Crocodile Challenge? Cavern 'O Bugs? Young Indy's Circus Train Safari? I'd suggest Shia LaBouef's Flying Monkey Coaster, but that movie never happened.

If I'm being honest, what we'd probably get is a single rider, enclosed drop-tower ride called "Nuclear Fridge Escape".

Hmmm, that's an interesting rumour. While I imagined Indy to stay in Hollywood Studios, I can see I kinda working in Animal Kingdom.

Could dinosaur be turned into the Indy ride from California easily?

I could see an Indy land and Pandora help really even the crowds out from everyone on the planet going to galaxies edge.

I would just like to add there are several options on the table for Dinoland. Also this rumor originated from the visionary soul on wdwmagic.com.

I tried to look up "visionary soul" in the bill gates webopedia...but couldn't lock down a definition...

I don't see Indiana jones in animal kingdom...the ip isn't strong enough to really provide a jolt to the park...

...but then again...they seem to be willing to go down that route...so put the fences up.

Dinoland is an obvious problem...but retheming should be done AFTER they add a "continent"...that's the only way they have a realistic shot at that 12-15,000,000 attendance range they need.

Not sure why Dinoland is all of a sudden an area that needs redone? I can see maybe the Dinorama area being redone to not a carnival theme, but I don't get why the dinos would have to be kicked out. There's other land that can be used for a continent. Dinoland fits fine so I just don't get the need for change and don't see Indy fitting at all. Pandora fits to how they always wanted the mythical land aka Beastly Kingdom & Camp Minnie & Mickey was always temororary. Indy nope, keep him at Studios.

Personally doubt it happens. Just doesn't feel like a fit. I DO however think in 4-6 years this area will be redone, not sure what will go there though

Hmmm, that's an interesting rumour. While I imagined Indy to stay in Hollywood Studios, I can see I kinda working in Animal Kingdom.

Could dinosaur be turned into the Indy ride from California easily?

I could see an Indy land and Pandora help really even the crowds out from everyone on the planet going to galaxies edge.

The Indy ride, to me, seemed much more impressive and expansive than Dinosaur. No idea how the show building is constructed if there is room for the big open room part of Indy so that it would even be possible but it definitely would be more than a quick overlay to convert it

Snakes? Rats? Bugs? Dude hates all animals.
This does not feel like a good fit for the park at all, which is why I have a high level of skepticism about the rumor.

I heard this rumor going around a lot lately with so many ideas for Dinoland. But it's pretty obvious the writing is on the wall for the carnival style amusements to be replaced. Can't remember but I did read it would be after WDW 50th anniversary. Just hard to imagine having Dinosaur and Indiana Jones rides so close to one and another with the same ride technology. Can't see Australia going in its place with the size of the area. Seems more space to have Australia in the undeveloped area in the NE area of AK. Much more space and functionality. Plus the rumors of Zootophia going in near Rafikis's Planet Watch sounds promising....

If I'm reading the rumor correctly, it seems that IJ Land would be a "midlevel" upgrade - it'd be more than just an overlay but less than building it from scratch. How that fits in with long term park planning is anyone's guess - particularly with AK being the most "complete" park at the moment while the other three get substantial attention. Even as described, it just feels like it would be a land destined from Day 1 to be bulldozed for something better down the road.

I'd much prefer to see another continent at the park. Although I really like IJ, I don't see how an IJ Land contributes to the overall theme and purpose of AK - IJ is about the character, unlike Pandora which is about the world (which is good, since I can't remember a single character's name from Avatar). Whatever happens, however, I agree with the posts above that DinoLand seems to be on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!