Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

I was hoping The Good Dinosaur would be a hit, so that they would have had no choice but to revamp Dinoland USA.

Sadly that didn't happen. How is it that Disney can't do one good dinosaur movie franchise when Universal has two?

Also I don't really mind Indy going in there at this point, provided they keep the animal theme in the like. The screwed the pooch not putting in Beastly Kingdom. Having Dinoland there when the rest of the park is a variation of a jungle theme seems out of place now. If they go with the South America Indy idea, it could add coherency.

Perhaps Indy 5 could have something to do with animals and the environment so that this could work.

I don't think Indy 5 needs a specific animal theme to tie in. Indiana Jones is known for his fear or snakes so I think a snake exhibit or even a reptile house with them would fit well and be something that they don't really have at the park yet either. Still think giving the area an overall South American theme with an Indy ride, instead of a full Indiana Jones land, is the best way to go. Gives theme more variety to work with and would fit in better overall with the rest of the park. The only other area that is themed to a single franchise is Avatar and it is still made up as more of a land themed to the planet Pandora than the movie itself. So having an entire area devoted to a single movie franchise would seem strange.

I just returned from Disneyland this week with the Indy ride fresh in my mind. Hands down a better ride than it's cousin Dinosaur in AK. I'd love to see it in Florida somewhere. That being said, there isn't a prayer of Dinosaur being an easy conversion to Indy despite being a similar ride mechanism. My opinion is that the ride "track" is just far too different to even make a similar one to Disneyland. If would have to be quite a bit different, and I don't think it would be quite the same. It was honestly one of the highlights of the two California parks for me.....yet Dinosaur is barely on my radar when visiting Animal Kingdom.

Actually the rides are twins of each other. Exact same ride system and track layout. The only real difference is the theming.

I have to say after going on Dinosaur last week I was pleasantly surprised as to how good it was after the refurb. I enjoyed it a lot more than I used to and for once thought it was actually on the same level as Indy. I wish they would put Indy at DHS, but I know they are probably looking for a quick retheme instead of a full project.

Actually the rides are twins of each other. Exact same ride system and track layout. The only real difference is the theming.
I didn't believe you.....I really didn't. Then I googled.
You are right, I was mistaken, my apologies.
Sure doesn't feel the same inside.

I'd be content if they up tempo'd the ride a bit, but kept it dino themed. Indy just has a different feel. Perception versus reality I guess.

I'd be content if they up tempo'd the ride a bit, but kept it dino themed. Indy just has a different feel. Perception versus reality I guess.

It is the same track - but still feels like the "space" isn't the same. I just can't picture that big open room that is part of Indy in the Dinor building but I am not a structural engineer so what do I know

The motion is also programmed differently between the two. Dinosaur was toned down around the time the movie came out and with it came a lower height requirement

It is the same track - but still feels like the "space" isn't the same. I just can't picture that big open room that is part of Indy in the Dinor building but I am not a structural engineer so what do I know

I feel the same way still. Had trouble grasping they were the same path initially too. Parts it's easy to see how they line up, but yea the big room in the Indy ride is hard to imagine in the Dino ride.

I just returned from Disneyland this week with the Indy ride fresh in my mind. Hands down a better ride than it's cousin Dinosaur in AK. I'd love to see it in Florida somewhere. That being said, there isn't a prayer of Dinosaur being an easy conversion to Indy despite being a similar ride mechanism. My opinion is that the ride "track" is just far too different to even make a similar one to Disneyland. If would have to be quite a bit different, and I don't think it would be quite the same. It was honestly one of the highlights of the two California parks for me.....yet Dinosaur is barely on my radar when visiting Animal Kingdom.

Eh I disagree. I definitely prefer Dinosaur.

Pretty sure there are legal requirements that they have to focus on the environment and conservation since AK is a zoo and all accredited zoos in the U.S. have strict requirements regarding the focus on education and conservation.

Still, I think IJ could be a nice addition to AK and could work, with its theme of exotic adventure that is also inherent to AK. Perhaps a snake appreciation attraction could be included to meet the requirements of the National Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Funny you mentioned snakes, because that was my first thought when I heard this rumor! I'm sure Disney would develop some awesome the ming for a snake house.

Wow...that's a rarity!

Maybe! A lot of the effects in Indy are outdated (the cobra is sad), and there's stretches of the ride where it's basically a black room. It's ok to ride but not that thrilling. Whereas dinosaur is consistently thrilling and the AA dinosaurs seem scary and realistic. And you can't see ahead in the track at what's coming.

Maybe! A lot of the effects in Indy are outdated (the cobra is sad), and there's stretches of the ride where it's basically a black room. It's ok to ride but not that thrilling. Whereas dinosaur is consistently thrilling and the AA dinosaurs seem scary and realistic. And you can't see ahead in the track at what's coming.

well, except for when they just stay there waiting for the computer to identify for us what type of dinosaur they are, rather than, you know, attacking or anything ;)

I've read this multiple times and have a few graphics to show the similar track layout. For some reason my system doesn't like me adding photos. Anyway...I love both rides but the one thing I don't like about Indy is that you see the other vehicles with folks in it. For me it takes away from the feeling that you and the other folks in your car are on this journey together

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!