Rumor: FP (or virtual queue) return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every survey they have ever done gives them the result that folks love Fastpass. It will definitely come back.

I’ll bet this is part of Disney’s elaborate cash grabbing scheme. Bring FP back at a price. 2019 attendance across all 4 WDW parks was almost 60 million. Even if they charged $50 for FP and just half purchased it, there’s $15mil increased revenue. They will find every possible way to recoup 2020 losses at our (The customer’s) expense.

According to d23 they were going to be changed this year anyways.. I'm guessing something similar to maxpass.
The good news is from what I read the times listed are different than actual wait times.

I’ll bet this is part of Disney’s elaborate cash grabbing scheme. Bring FP back at a price. 2019 attendance across all 4 WDW parks was almost 60 million. Even if they charged $50 for FP and just half purchased it, there’s $15mil increased revenue. They will find every possible way to recoup 2020 losses at our (The customer’s) expense.

Actually the reason the base FP has been free is it actually gains them money. If you are not in line you may be at a resturatant or store spending money. If you have to stand in line all day you may bypass the stores. I know a lot of days if I have a gap in FP times and nothing I want has a short wait I'll stop somewhere and have an overpriced beer while I wait for my time.

Could I see some version of FP included as a base offering for everybody and then upgrades you can get? Sure. Would it be be that you can't do any FP type thing without paying? I don't see that. Even at DLR with maxpass you still can do some FPs for free - you just get more options if you pay.

Deni just posted an article about new things in the France area of Epcot. One of them is that they just put up the sign for the fastpass entrance of Ratitollie.

I need something to hang around my neck that will hold an iPhone or iPad in a viewing position for those long waits. Hands get tired holding it.

Disney will not go 100% paid FP. They may have a max pass type option, or a buy additional FPs option, but they will always leave something open for the "one time" guests who dont understand the system.

In the short-term, I'd expect something more like the Disney Standby Pass in Paris, Tokyo and (formerly) Shanghai, a virtual queue-only option for popular attractions. With the physically long lines during peak parts of the day, that system would solve the queue organization problem for now. Right now, for Disney, it's not about "shorter" waits; it's about queue management. It's by no means a permanent solution or a replacement for FP/FP+ but it solves the immediate problems of lines spilling out deep into walkways.

At the moment, it's just a matter of IT getting the software to work reliably enough for an operation as large as WDW. Given Disney's crackerjack IT team, it's far from a guarantee but the fact that there seems to be renewed interest in getting this system going is encouraging.

This seems like a good opportunity to move to the Max Pass system is Disneyland with a virtual que here and there in the future for things like TRON and Guardians when they first open. The 2-month booking of fast passes is sort of ridiculous, I find it much more enjoyable to manage day of. I always feel like the average person is really turned off when they get there and they find out they have to wait 90 minutes for something because they didn't wake up at 2 Months before arriving. The SQ footage vs Attraction equation in FL is not great. Larger space allows more people yet less attractions than DL.

This seems like a good opportunity to move to the Max Pass system is Disneyland with a virtual que here and there in the future for things like TRON and Guardians when they first open. The 2-month booking of fast passes is sort of ridiculous, I find it much more enjoyable to manage day of. I always feel like the average person is really turned off when they get there and they find out they have to wait 90 minutes for something because they didn't wake up at 2 Months before arriving. The SQ footage vs Attraction equation in FL is not great. Larger space allows more people yet less attractions than DL.
I’m afraid the parks could end up in a ROTR BG situation where everyone floods in first thing in the morning to get in the VQ for the ride, leaving parks slammed first thing in the morning.

Gotta look at FP from a psychological point of view. People having something scheduled to do in a park for a day makes them more willing to come early and stay later based on what's available and spend more money.

People like know that they'll at least have three-ish stress-free experiences when they go in to the parks. The "stress-free" experience now is just lack of crowds.

I see a paid FP coming and they will use it like free dining to fill resorts during slow stretches. Why give away food when you can give away air.

I see a paid FP coming and they will use it like free dining to fill resorts during slow stretches. Why give away food when you can give away air.

Because they cant justify already exorbitant prices for the rooms without free fp and too many extra fast pass will bog down standby to the point where day guests would drop.off.

Before 2020 surprised us I think WDW already had major changes in mind for FP with the switch to Genie. Some people guessed we'd get 1 or 2 included with our ticket and then also the ability to pay extra for more, which sounded reasonable to me because the tier systems at HS and EP were getting to the point that the two Tier 2 FPs were kinda useless anyway.

The biggest mistake I think WDW made over the past 5 years is gearing everything around the coersion for guests to pay extra for ticketed events like EMM, DAH and holiday parties. With tunnel vision in that direction, they became less concerned than ever about managing a favorable park flow. That exacerbated the challenges of this situation which requires the exact opposite to be successful. It's a little bit of "Play with fire, get burned."

Because they cant justify already exorbitant prices for the rooms without free fp and too many extra fast pass will bog down standby to the point where day guests would drop.off.

They do in California. The three hotels there are priced just as high as the WDW hotels, and with a lot more off-site competition. Maxpass is incredibly popular at DLR.

Has it though? It is still a rumor, the title doesn’t reflect it as fact. I have no issue with the title myself. I would if it was presented as fact.
Haven’t seen anyone with this rumor who didn’t base it on the now pulled Disney webpage from last year 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!