Rumor: FP (or virtual queue) return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think anything is on the table. I see more virtual queue usage coming too.
I am very interested in this topic as it makes a big difference for my family.......My thought process is that FP+ does not cost WDW anything to bring back right now........According to their WDW's own website, it is the #1 perk to booking a WDW onsite hotel. According to Chapek himself, the parks are struggling due to no out of state/people traveling and staying in the hotels.............Why wouldn't WDW bring back FP+ in its current form to see if it helps with hotel bookings?

I am very interested in this topic as it makes a big difference for my family.......My thought process is that FP+ does not cost WDW anything to bring back right now........According to their WDW's own website, it is the #1 perk to booking a WDW onsite hotel. According to Chapek himself, the parks are struggling due to no out of state/people traveling and staying in the hotels.............Why wouldn't WDW bring back FP+ in its current form to see if it helps with hotel bookings?

Because right now FP would have a very detrimental impact to the lines. It's just not feasible right now while things are not running at full capacity.

Because right now FP would have a very detrimental impact to the lines. It's just not feasible right now while things are not running at full capacity.
Makes sense......And i agree with that logic...........But I also wonder If the CDC relaxes guidelines and WDW runs at full capacity, would make sense to bring it back?

Makes sense......And i agree with that logic...........But I also wonder If the CDC relaxes guidelines and WDW runs at full capacity, would make sense to bring it back?
I think we are a ways from full capacity yet. I also think Disney will implement new things before that whether it’s more virtual queues or something like the standby pass in Shanghai.

Whenever they can get close to full capactity then probably. However even before this, Disney was planning to roll out the new Genie system that looks like it was going to be the new version of fastpasses. Since they have already stopped fastpasses it may make sense to wait till Genie is ready and just announce that vs bringing back old FP for a few months then transition to Genie. Depends on how close Genie is to being ready.

The problem with bringing FP+ back right now is that it will make the standby waits significantly longer. I don't think we'll see FP+ or it's replacement come back until the capacity and distancing limitations are removed.

The problem with bringing FP+ back right now is that it will make the standby waits significantly longer. I don't think we'll see FP+ or it's replacement come back until the capacity and distancing limitations are removed.

Would it be possible to not have standby lines and people are limited to x amount of fp choices in the morning (more than 3)then the system opens up for the afternoon? I don't know what to think really!

Would it be possible to not have standby lines and people are limited to x amount of fp choices in the morning (more than 3)then the system opens up for the afternoon? I don't know what to think really!
I don't think that would work at all. Instead of having people in queues you have more wandering around and crowding areas. Since there isn't much else to do other then rides its not worth it to have people wandering around.

I see a paid FP coming and they will use it like free dining to fill resorts during slow stretches. Why give away food when you can give away air.

Disney NEEDS fastpasses when they eventually open the park to full capacity. They need a place for people to stand, they don't want longer standby lines when parks get crowded. The only way fastpasses work as a paid system, is that if they price is so the equivalent number of people buy it that use fastpasses when they were available.

My 2 cents is that paid FP will only be for super-premium high tier resort guests like was done on the past, otherwise Disney will cannibalize on-site hotels and length of stay for their guests. If you can "buy" your way on to every ride, your weeklong do it all vacation becomes 2 days and you spend less on merch, food, and hotels and you go over to universal. Free FP gets disney more $$$ not less in non covid times. Opening up that revenue stream would kill off others and get lots of bad press. I could see them giving FP exclusively to onsite guests to drive more folks on property.

My 2 cents is that paid FP will only be for super-premium high tier resort guests like was done on the past, otherwise Disney will cannibalize on-site hotels and length of stay for their guests. If you can "buy" your way on to every ride, your weeklong do it all vacation becomes 2 days and you spend less on merch, food, and hotels and you go over to universal. Free FP gets disney more $$$ not less in non covid times. Opening up that revenue stream would kill off others and get lots of bad press. I could see them giving FP exclusively to onsite guests to drive more folks on property.
I think it will be something like MaxPass meaning that it will be a nice perk but won’t save you a ton of time.

The answer is a paid FP system. Its been rumoured to be changing to a paid FP now.
I don’t think they would ever switch to a full paid FP system. They will create a class system where wealthy guests will walk by poorer guests as they give them dirty looks. That is not a good look for Disney and make for a bad guest experience. It’ll make poorer guests angry with the experience and wealthy guests will feel uncomfortable and feel bad about it. With the current system at least everyone gets the same 3 fast passes.

I don’t think they would ever switch to a full paid FP system. They will create a class system where wealthy guests will walk by poorer guests as they give them dirty looks. That is not a good look for Disney and make for a bad guest experience. It’ll make poorer guests angry with the experience and wealthy guests will feel uncomfortable and feel bad about it. With the current system at least everyone gets the same 3 fast passes.
they do this is Disneyland. Sure, you can go run around and get your tickets one at a time if you want from the machine but I see almost no one doing that while there. The $10 is sort of a no brainer because they include Photo Pass too. Now, Disneyland Park has more attractions to begin with. You can get on Small World and Pirates and HM in under 20 minutes normally, holiday being exceptions.

I think we've all seen the people who get there who didn't log on on at 7 AM to get a FOP 60 days before arriving and are pissed off too. It's a mixed bag.

they do this is Disneyland. Sure, you can go run around and get your tickets one at a time if you want from the machine but I see almost no one doing that while there. The $10 is sort of a no brainer because they include Photo Pass too. Now, Disneyland Park has more attractions to begin with. You can get on Small World and Pirates and HM in under 20 minutes normally, holiday being exceptions.

I think we've all seen the people who get there who didn't log on on at 7 AM to get a FOP 60 days before arriving and are pissed off too. It's a mixed bag.
I think that is very different. Maxpass makes getting a fast pass easier, but everyone in the park has an opportunity to get a fast pass. Once you make it a pay only option, it changes it to a class system.

Plus one of the biggest perks of staying on property in Disney World is the 60 day fast pass window. Otherwise it becomes harder to justify paying 2-3 times as much for staying on property. I could see how some people will make the calculation and decide to pay for fast passes, but offset the cost by staying off property.

I think that is very different. Maxpass makes getting a fast pass easier, but everyone in the park has an opportunity to get a fast pass. Once you make it a pay only option, it changes it to a class system.

Plus one of the biggest perks of staying on property in Disney World is the 60 day fast pass window. Otherwise it becomes harder to justify paying 2-3 times as much for staying on property. I could see how some people will make the calculation and decide to pay for fast passes, but offset the cost by staying off property.
That’s fine but once you move off property you have a commute time and parking to deal with.....DisneyLand hotels are not discounted to those around it and you can easily walk from several big brand hotels and it’s shorter than Disneyland hotel. I don’t know anyone who justifies the higher price of Disney hotels by saying they get fast passes sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!