RunDisney accuracy

My Garmin has been close on all the races I've done but one. The 5k the Mariners host at their stadium has sections inside so it stops tracking the mileage. I'll finish around 37 min and have run about 2.1 miles. Makes it seem like a bad run

NY has the same blue line for the NY marathon. For Chicago I was in the middle of the pack and for NY I was in the back of the pack. I didn't have to struggle that much to stay close to it.

London has the blue lines marking the course too. Kind of fun to watch the leaders stray from the direct path as they jockey for position.

My Garmin has been close on all the races I've done but one. The 5k the Mariners host at their stadium has sections inside so it stops tracking the mileage. I'll finish around 37 min and have run about 2.1 miles. Makes it seem like a bad run

The Mariners have a 5k???

Off to google...

0.1% of a marathon is .026 miles (140 feet) over the entire course. The poor tangents and crowds can add that for every mile.
Yeah for Marine Corps I was finding my garmin was off by as much as .1 miles per mile. It makes following a pacing strategy for a goal time really tough.

London has the blue lines marking the course too. Kind of fun to watch the leaders stray from the direct path as they jockey for position.
Based on a quick google search it looks like Berlin has a blue line too, so maybe all World Marathon major have it?

The Mariners have a 5k???

Off to google...

It's the Refuse to Abuse 5k that is actually put on by Goodwill to raise money. I don't know if there's anything out for next year yet but if you look at the M's schedule it'll be whatever Saturday is close to Mid July that they are out of town. I think the past one was the 19th. It has a medal and a tshirt and is a good price. It's fun, you finish on the warning track in left field. It's well done.

Yeah for Marine Corps I was finding my garmin was off by as much as .1 miles per mile. It makes following a pacing strategy for a goal time really tough.

One way to help keep track of pace for a goal time is to set a Virtual Pacer for 3-5 seconds per mile faster than your goal pace. This will overcome most or all of the extra distance you run. Or, if your goal is 9:00, for example, run 8:55 knowing you'll go longer than 26.2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!