RunDisney Early Registration for 2 People

laundrygal

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I’ve looked through threads on this topic from several boards over the past few years but am still not sure I have a good strategy for this.

My husband and I are co-owners of 2 DVC contracts. I’m the only one with an online account to manage the contracts/registrations. We want to take advantage of early registration for Wine & Dine Half-Marathon in a few days.

Should I:

A. Sign in to my DVC account on two browsers and try to register us in parallel? My husband and I have separate active.com accounts so I could complete separate registrations for both of us.

B. Have my husband sign in to my DVC account on another computer and have us register in parallel?

C. Use my DVC account but register one person and then the next in the same browser session?

D. Just try to register one person in early registration and the other in general registration?

It would be such a bummer if only one of us could register, so I’m just trying to maximize our chances. It seems like some races sell out in minutes.

Thanks!

-Sarah

At this point runDisney races rarely sell out unless it’s an anniversary year for a particular race (Dopey and Princess 2018). Early registration will fill quickly especially for the 10k, so if you are wanting to try to get it over with in a day make sure you are 1) both logged into your active account on separate devices and then 2)use the DVC link for the early registration form. Good luck!

What distances are you planning on running? If it is the 10K and/or the 5K, then I would go with the parallel registrations (open one in IE and one in Chrome to avoid cookie confusion as well). If you're going for the half or the challenge, it may not be quite the rush. I'm not sure how crazy Wine and Dine is - but I've been through the madness with Princess registration!

From past experience, once you click through Dvc you’ll see that it’s a certain rundisney page that takes you through to active. You could just grab the url and send it to your husband without the need to log in to Dvc.

I wouldn’t want to try to do both registrations at once.

Thank you guys for the feedback! It's the half-marathon that we're going for, so it sounds like the rush might not be on quite as much. In researching it, I found people were quite disappointed that this half-marathon moved from evening to morning as it took some of the special interest away from it. Perhaps it won't be as quick to fill up as in the past.

I will probably try two parallel registration (especially if my husband can do it for work) but it also sounds like, if we're not successful, we may have good luck with the general registration next week as a backup plan.

Thanks!!

-Sarah

Just to close the loop for future people Googling for this type of information -- I was able to register both myself and my husband one after the other today when registration opened. I was briefly placed in a "wait in line" queue for my husband (which I did first) but was not for my own registration.

All was completed by 12:10pm.

How many people can you register early for? I want to register myself and 2 of my daughter's for the princess 1/2 for next February. Will that even be possible when the time comes? I think registration will be in June of this year???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter