@ChimCher-ee it’ll save you some time if you make yourself an account with Active.com before registration opens. That way your personal info is already saved.

I’d suggest being logged into Active on registration day and ready to go maybe 5-10 minutes before noon. Then just refresh until the link goes live. It’ll put you in a “line” where you “virtually wait” to log in. :)
Thank you! I definitely plan on setting up the account ahead of time. I might even have done it tonight but I got distracted reading running articles available on the site!

I have a lot to learn and, even though I've been a long-time walker, averaging 4 mi/hr, 20 mi/wk, it's worlds apart from running. I probably should work up to a 5k or 10k or two in the upcoming year. An Active account will be handy for all that, I'm sure!

I see the dates for the 2019 marathon weekend are January 9th through the 13th, but has it been announced which races will be which days?

I see the dates for the 2019 marathon weekend are January 9th through the 13th, but has it been announced which races will be which days?
Races are always the same. Expo starts on the Wednesday. 5K Thursday, 10K Friday, half Saturday, full Sunday.

Quick question to the group. If you register for a Disney race after the proof of time deadline, are you in the last corral or do you get a chance to enter your proof of time? I am registering through a charity and may not get my registration before the deadline and wanted to make sure I was not in the last corral.

Quick question to the group. If you register for a Disney race after the proof of time deadline, are you in the last corral or do you get a chance to enter your proof of time? I am registering through a charity and may not get my registration before the deadline and wanted to make sure I was not in the last corral.

As with all runDisney, past doesn't always equal future. With that being said, from my understanding from what I've seen from others is that as long as

A) Your POT is before the actual POT deadline regardless of when you register

And

B) You register before about 4 weeks prior to the event (about when charity registration becomes due)

Then you are PROBABLY going to be corralled appropriately based on your POT. The earlier you can sign up though the more comfortable you should be able to feel. Although I make no guarantees because things can change. Try asking the charity to see what info they've got on it.

Do you know when DVC registration for the 2019 Marathon is available? It's usually about a week before if I remember right...

Do you know when DVC registration for the 2019 Marathon is available? It's usually about a week before if I remember right...
They have changed it. Now it is the Thursday before general registration. So 5 days before.

A detailed question about Photopass - I know how to add bibs and the basics. But is it five bibs per individual race, or per race weekend? We have a 2 runners doing the 5k and half; 2 doing the challenge; 2 doing half only; 4 doing 5k only. Trying to count out how many bibs that equals, and how many we can spread across two passholder accounts.

Thanks in advance!

A detailed question about Photopass - I know how to add bibs and the basics. But is it five bibs per individual race, or per race weekend? We have a 2 runners doing the 5k and half; 2 doing the challenge; 2 doing half only; 4 doing 5k only. Trying to count out how many bibs that equals, and how many we can spread across two passholder accounts.

Thanks in advance!
I believe it is per race. I had no problem entering 5 in for the 5K last year.

New ESPN WWoS Arena is first being used for Princess Weekend to house all runDisney merchandise.

2B8916BB-554A-4D26-ACEC-7F1363B4E767.png

Hopefully merchandise goes better than marathon weekend for princess. Day 1 was stupid.

I’m looking to run some local race(s) for POT for wine and dine. The one race I know I want to run is a quarter marathon. Would that distance work for POT since it is not a traditional 10k or 12k? If not I will find another local race to use but I wasn’t sure if that was necessary.

I’m looking to run some local race(s) for POT for wine and dine. The one race I know I want to run is a quarter marathon. Would that distance work for POT since it is not a traditional 10k or 12k? If not I will find another local race to use but I wasn’t sure if that was necessary.
I am going to go with no it has to be one of these distances.

• Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
Otherwise your best option would be to email runDisney and ask.

Agreed. It is my understanding that if you have a POT for a race distance that is not one of the ones listed above (10k, 12k, 15k, 10 mile, HM, M), then you have to choose a lesser distance and use your time. Essentially giving yourself a penalty in "total time" (since you would have technically run further). It's a drop-down menu at registration when choosing the race distance, so best to try and find a POT from one of the ones listed on their site.

Agreed. It is my understanding that if you have a POT for a race distance that is not one of the ones listed above (10k, 12k, 15k, 10 mile, HM, M), then you have to choose a lesser distance and use your time. Essentially giving yourself a penalty in "total time" (since you would have technically run further). It's a drop-down menu at registration when choosing the race distance, so best to try and find a POT from one of the ones listed on their site.
Thanks guys. Kind of what I figured.

Now that Princess is over the first post has been updated and anniversary dates changed.

Star Wars Dark Side you are next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!