runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Our medals came in last weekend. We put the box in our desk drawer until we finish the series. We're planning on doing the July race on our trip to Tucson (7/22).

So do you just enter your times and eventually a medal comes? I did it first weekend in June.

My medals came today!

Now all I need is for my foot to hurry up and recover from surgery (bone spur removal and achilles debridement) so I can get back out there and start training again. My plan was to walk the June 5k, jog easy intervals in July, and run my regular intervals in August. So far, it’s not going according to plan, as I can barely manage to walk 1 mile and can only stand to wear my running shoes for very short periods of time.

So do you just enter your times and eventually a medal comes? I did it first weekend in June.
Entering your times has nothing to do with getting your medals. The times entering is only if you want to print a certificate for yourself. The medals will come as 1 package if you did the series regardlesss :) I actually keep forgetting to enter mine and have had my medals for while now.

My medals came today!

Now all I need is for my foot to hurry up and recover from surgery (bone spur removal and achilles debridement) so I can get back out there and start training again. My plan was to walk the June 5k, jog easy intervals in July, and run my regular intervals in August. So far, it’s not going according to plan, as I can barely manage to walk 1 mile and can only stand to wear my running shoes for very short periods of time.
Healing vibes your way!

July & August Individual months are open. You'll register on the new Run Disney system for these two, which will be with your Disney login (not Active).

I just registered for July!

I swore I wouldn’t pay for a virtual race - but 1) I’m not doing any other runDisney events this year so wanted to maintain a streak, and 2) I have a goal to do a race a month, and July is limited in terms of local races.

I just registered for July!

I swore I wouldn’t pay for a virtual race - but 1) I’m not doing any other runDisney events this year so wanted to maintain a streak, and 2) I have a goal to do a race a month, and July is limited in terms of local races.

I just decided last minute that I need to do some kind of race on the 4th of July, but you're right, it's really hard to find one close by. I found one about an hour away, but there's no medal, and call me shallow, but that's a huge motivation for me to pay for a race. So I just signed up for the July Virtual run, and I'll do it that day. Kindof kicking myself for missing June, but I did a different one that month so I didn't really think I needed another one. I suppose there's no way to get the June medal now? Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Should I be concerned that I haven’t received my medals yet? I signed up the 2nd day of the event but have not received my merchandise. I have my receipt and all went through fine.

Should I be concerned that I haven’t received my medals yet? I signed up the 2nd day of the event but have not received my merchandise. I have my receipt and all went through fine.

I signed up on the first day and I'm still waiting for my medal for June (I'm only doing June this time). :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!