San Diego to Tijuana for a day?

I am not a Sea World fan myself...something about whales in fish bowls. Also Sea World is on my way to work and the tourist traffic often conflicts with my drive!!

There are some malls of course, downtown is Horton plaza a multi layer mall which is kind of interesting since it is open air rather than enclose. I moved here from the midwest, so when I found that most of the malls l are open rather
than inside a big building I was intrigued.

There are touristy places like Seaport village which is cute with nice views, but lame shops.

Coronado island is beautiful with the Hotel Del where you can get a drink and a nice view, touristy shopping, same thing in La Jolla.

Like a said...lots.

I mostly do laundry and work and take care of my family sadly, but I am sure there is more here!!!:)

I am not a Sea World fan myself...something about whales in fish bowls. Also Sea World is on my way to work and the tourist traffic often conflicts with my drive!!

There are some malls of course, downtown is Horton plaza a multi layer mall which is kind of interesting since it is open air rather than enclose. I moved here from the midwest, so when I found that most of the malls l are open rather
than inside a big building I was intrigued.

There are touristy places like Seaport village which is cute with nice views, but lame shops.

Coronado island is beautiful with the Hotel Del where you can get a drink and a nice view, touristy shopping, same thing in La Jolla.

Like a said...lots.

I mostly do laundry and work and take care of my family sadly, but I am sure there is more here!!!:)

Laundry sounds fun lol

Might have to check out some of these places :)
Thanks

I also recommend not going. Tijuana was the most depressing place I've ever visited. Poverty everywhere, children chasing you to buy things, elderly women who sit for hours on end hoping to sell something, and the saddest, was a little six year old singing his heart out playing the ukelele trying to make a buck.
I left with a huge pit in my stomach.

If you think any part of the area of Tijuana is safe right now then you're just crazy :) So much has changed just in the past few years. I went in 2003 and thought it was just fine and felt completely safe. Aside from the automatic guns on the check point guards and the offers to buy lots and lots of drugs it was ok. There are horrid stories coming out of TJ all the time now and they're just not published - it's word of mouth. Do not go to TJ! There's nothing to get there now anyway unless you want a diseased hooker or a poncho. You can get that in Anaheim anyway :)

Looks like you've decided to skip TJ! Very glad for you. I went a few times myself to drink, but other than underage drinking, there's not much else TJ is good for. Especially now that it's even scarier than ever!

Someone above mentioned Horton Plaza.. that mall has deteriorated, in my opinion. I'd say skip Horton Plaza, and hop on the trolley to Fashion Valley, which is really close. Fashion Valley is a great mall, with a lot of really great stores.

Old Town San Diego is a great place, especially if you're looking for some yummy Mexican food with homemade tortillas all over the place and fun shops.. and it's also able to be accessed by trolley!

If you haven't had In N Out before, I highly suggest going there! I'm a vegetarian, and I just can't get over their grilled cheeses and freshly cut fries.. yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter