Saratoga Springs

Our home resort is Beach Club. I have a reservation for my aunt and uncle (in their 70s) at SS 12/7-12/13. We will be at Beach Club also. Hope they like it there.

Even though SS is my least favorite DVC resort, I still love it. As a RCI trade, you will be thrilled. I had just as good of a time there as I have at BWV, WL, BWV, BCV, AKL. As others have said, the other resorts are more active and closer to the action and feel of the parks.

On the other hand, last trip (AKL) we spent time at Splitsville in DD and loved it! It actually may have been the family highlight. Also prefer the restaurants at DD and there are great places to have a drink or catch a movie. I think it changes the nature of a Disney trip for us, but doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

Personally, last trip to SSR we drove to the parks. I found that to be preferable to waiting on the bus at that resort. I think because your car is so close to your room, it would be quicker on average than waiting on a bus. When we are at the other resorts (sans AKL), we almost also walk, boat or take the bus to the parks. Not sure it is any more efficient, but it is a little more immersive!

As an aside, I have been contemplating a SSR adult stay where the focus would be on movies, drinks, bowling, Cirque De Soleil and maybe a show or two at House of Blues. A boat home at the end of any of those evenings sounds like the perfect ending to a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter