$$$ Saving Tips $$$

*MickeyTink*

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any tips on ways I can save my money for a Disney Cruise? I have a large crayon piggy pank that I am putting change into, but how much should I put into it each week? I get about $10 a week, I'm a teenager so that's my allowance. I think if I can save at least $500 dollars my mom might consider going on a cruise in July 2003 so if anyone can help me save money and stuff and help me figure out a budget it would be appreciated!!!! Thanx

That's how I got my parents to take me to Disney for the first time :p I saved up a lot of my money ... most of it was from allowance and some of it was for babysitting ... of course that was a long time ago! Have you considered a part-time job? Maybe just something on the weekend ... A lot of us here do reward programs like Mypoints, Disney Awards etc ... But those can be time consuming sometimes :)

How about babysitting like bunnyfoo mentioned? Many people need a babysitter during the holidays. You could print up some flyers that say "Santa's Night Out" and offer to babysit at night so parents can go Christmas shopping without their kids. My church youth group did this as a fundraiser one year. You could also have a gift wrapping service. Many people don't like to wrap gifts. I recently saw a flyer for someone that was offering to hang Christmas lights. You could offer a tree decorating/undecorating service. If I knew more about you, then I might have more suggestions. Those are just a few that you could do for the holidays.

Good luck!!!

A kids reward site you might want to check out is www.kidzeyes.com ~ it is a site that gives you points for taking on-line surveys. You can than convert the points into cash! My son does it & loves it. However, it's only for kids ages 6 to 14, so if you are over 14 you wouldn't qualify.

Another idea - what about pet sitting?

Good luck saving money! We're trying to save for a Disney Cruise too.

If you're over 13, many rewards programs will accept you as a member. SearchCactus and Milesource spring to mind, just off the top of my head.

A Disney cruise can be expensive and since you're a teenager, they will charge you as an adult. My DD will be 13 on our next cruise and she falls into this group.:confused:

Anyway, some good ideas to raise money:
hold a yard sale
sell your old clothes at a consignment store
offer to tutor younger kids in a subject you do well in
type reports using your word processor for your friend who are keyboard impaired
recycle cans and plastic bottles for money
do light housecleaning for neighbors on the weekends
offer to take down the Christmas tree for neighbors (most people hate doing this)
wash cars
shovel snow
rake leaves
run errands

Another suggestion would be to start your own business. My brother began doing silk screened T-shirts back in high school. He bought used equipment from the school's art department. He then solicited every club in the school and got everyone's business from the band down to the language clubs. He is now well-past high school and has expanded into custom embroidered sportswear as well as silkscreening. He does it in his spare time and uses the procedes to fund family vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter