Saw two smokers in the park today

TBH I didn't even know there was a smoking area in DL - I can't say that I've ever even smelled cigarette smoke there, much less seen someone smoking. And while I think it's a totally disgusting habit, I can see the value in having an area far away from foot traffic.

I have actually been very surprised, when in urban areas with my little kids, at the consideration of smokers. In downtown SF, we've had smokers actually cross the street when they saw us coming with a stroller.

Even worse was the person smoking pot at the Candy Cane Inn yesterday morning. Smelled nasty
Yikes! I'm with you. I don't care if people choose to smoke dope. I just hate when I have to smell it (twice I've smelled it in Disneyland, which really bothers me. This is a park primarily for children. If you must get buzzed, choose edibles.). Here in CA it's not illegal so people smoke in public regularly. What really irks me is when someone ahead of me smokes while they drive. I believe that's illegal and certainly reckless. But this is the world in which we live.

An ex-girlfriend and I would clash since she was a dope smoker and I wasn't (and still am not and never will be). She said that it helped with her depression, which I've never had so I can't really relate. If it helps her, then use it. Pharmaceuticals didn't do much for her. I've since amended my views and am more tolerate. She never smoked around me, though. On a related note, someone I see now see smokes dope for her anxiety. As I say, I've become more tolerant so if it helps her, who am I to tell her not to do it?

Last edited:
You want to try being at Disneyland Paris where it’s accepted. You have over 50 people smoking in a queue. Even though it was banned years ago, the Cast Members do nothing as it’s just accepted as part of the French culture. Cigarette bins and butts everywhere.

I was at DL Shanghai in March. There are ten designated smoking areas there. Guests still smoked wherever they pleased. I didn't care for that park for several reasons, of which smoking was one.

I have actually been very surprised, when in urban areas with my little kids, at the consideration of smokers. In downtown SF, we've had smokers actually cross the street when they saw us coming with a stroller.

A considerate smoker is always appreciated. You choose to endanger your health? That's your choice. But endangering anyone else's? You don't have that right.

I agree that there should be a smoking area in the park, as it seems like not having one at all will prompt more to just flaunt the rules. Especially rules that aren’t really being enforced.
Actually, when/if a security CM sees a smoker, I've seen them approach the guest and remind them, tactfully, that smoking is not allowed in the park. I think it is taken seriously, which is appreciated.

Last edited:
referring to marijuana as "dope" is extremely closed minded, especially when so many rely on its medicinal benefits. It DOES help with many medical conditions. Does it belong at DLR or on the premesis? No - but to refer to it as "dope" is an insult to those of us who benefit from it medically.

referring to marijuana as "dope" is extremely closed minded, especially when so many rely on its medicinal benefits. It DOES help with many medical conditions. Does it belong at DLR or on the premesis? No - but to refer to it as "dope" is an insult to those of us who benefit from it medically.

Right? It seems so weirdly old fashioned, like "reefer" or something. Dope! Who calls it that anymore? It's legal in California for god's sake. I bought marijuana at a Black Friday sale in Arizona yesterday. It's mainstream now.

Right? It seems so weirdly old fashioned, like "reefer" or something. Dope! Who calls it that anymore? It's legal in California for god's sake. I bought marijuana at a Black Friday sale in Arizona yesterday. It's mainstream now.
Alcohol is also legal. But you'll be kicked out of the park (and possibly have your AP revoked) if you bring it into the park and drink it.

Alcohol is also legal. But you'll be kicked out of the park (and possibly have your AP revoked) if you bring it into the park and drink it.

??? Who said anything about bringing it to the park? In fact I literally referred to the fact that I *don't* bring my perfectly legal medicine to the park, which is why I don't feel bad for smokers having to be relegated to particular areas.

I wonder how the smokers would respond if they were told that their smoke could cause an asthmatic child to have an attack that resulted in cardiac arrest and that child could die right there in front of them. I wonder if smokers even realize how dangerous their smoking is to people with respiratory challenges.

26 years ago, I was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer, caused by second hand smoke and radiation from office computer. I am looking forward to the day Disneyland is smoke free.

Cant wait till Disneyland is smoke free. Should make their whole property smoke free, otherwise there will be tons of people standing between disneyland and california adventure smoking away.

I always feel very bad for the little kids I see in the smoking areas, standing there miserably inhaling toxic fumes while mom and dad puff away.

Actually, when/if a security CM sees a smoker, I've seen them approach the guest and remind them, tactfully, that smoking is not allowed in the park. I think it is taken seriously, which is appreciated.
Last Oct. we were in line for GOTG just before you load. The group ahead of us was already standing on the numbers and we were waiting for them to load so we would get our numbers. Some guy in the queue takes out his ecig and starts puffing. INSIDE. In a queue with tons of kids. One of the CMs saw, but didn't say anything. I have never been more disappointed in a CM before.

Last Oct. we were in line for GOTG just before you load. The group ahead of us was already standing on the numbers and we were waiting for them to load so we would get our numbers. Some guy in the queue takes out his ecig and starts puffing. INSIDE. In a queue with tons of kids. One of the CMs saw, but didn't say anything. I have never been more disappointed in a CM before.

Wow! That's absolutely nuts. I can't believe the CM didn't say anything. So, so strange and disappointing. I've felt as if Disneyland has our collective backs...

Two years ago we did our last family vacation at disneyland, stayed at the Grand Californian like we always do which is a non smoking hotel, our oldest son who smokes would walk to the smoking area around the front of the hotel. Meanwhile in a room near us someone was constantly out in the balcony smoking pot and when we complained we were told the couldn't do anything about it because it was legal..hello so is tobacco but you are on top of that if someone complains, which we have done before. We couldn't enjoy the balcony at all during our trip which is one of the reasons we book the Grand.

Actually they could and should have done something about smoking marijuana on premises at GCH. The law is written in such a manner that you may not smoke in public or any other place that cigarette smoking is not allowed. Just because it is legal doesn't mean you can smoke up wherever you want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!