Scooters at SW--can you rent same day?

3024Jenn

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are heading down in a few weeks for our first trip to Sea World since both of us were little. I have some issues with back pain and neuropathy that are not constant but could really wreck my day if they decide to put in an appearance while we're there. In short, I may or may not need a scooter for each of the days we're in the park. I was looking on the website and it stated under the scooter rental section that reservations "must be made before the day of visit." Does that mean there are no rentals available on a walk-up basis? Has anyone successfully rented a scooter on the spot?

I really hate to reserve one in advance without knowing if I'll need it, especially since the website also says there are no refunds when canceling within 24 hours of the scheduled visit. That's $65 per park day for something I might not end up needing--which is a lot of snacks....

It was not a scooter but we rented a wheelchair and the process seemed to be the same. On our last trip a few years ago my mom had a fall at one of the Disney parks halfway through our trip and they gave her a free wheelchair for a few days. Thankfully she did not break anything just had cuts and bruises and was sore but felt shaky walking around and they gave her a free wheelchair for a few days but she decided on our Sea World day that she wanted to be in one as well. We got there a little before opening and had paid for preferred parking so were pretty close to the entrance. Once we got in walked right up to the wheelchair rental and paid for one for the day and it was so easy. The process might have changed since COVID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter