Scotts toilet paper, ugh

A few days ago I scored on a mega pack of paper at Sams. I know I should be grateful, but man, this stuff is rough. I feel like Im in the office. My go to is the Costco brand. What about you?
Scotts makes me feel like I'm camping and not in a good way:D.
Cottonelle or Charmin.-whichever is cheaper.
I think whoever thought up the bear commercials should be drawn and quartered.

We prefer Quilted Northern here. I usually don't like Charmin much, but I snagged a package of it online the other day. At this point, I won't be picky!

Kirkland (Costco) all the way. Best toilet paper out there! Thank goodness, my husband and I are over 60, and can go to Costco during their special early hours on Tuesday and Thursday. They tend to have it there during those hours (limit one per customer, and I haven't needed to restock yet, so we've not purchased it leaving it to those who need it). I'd be lost without Costco's brand. LOL. (Of course, we also have bidets, so honestly, we use very little...probably what we will have on hand will last through at least mid-summer, when hopefully, this craziness will have died down).

Scott’s also makes a softer version. I know BJ’s carries it in bulk packs. Not sure how it compares to other soft types or how it is compared to regular Scott’s in regards to clogging.

They have different varieties. Their basic kind is more like what you'll find in restaurants and office buildings. Kimberly-Clark's premium brand is Cottonelle.

Costco has changed its suppliers and varieties over the years. I remember when their standard TP was in individually wrapped rolls that might be suitable for restaurants and office buildings. And it was rather stiff and hard. I don't recall exactly where, but I saw a short piece where someone from Costco's testing lab was interviewed about how they test prospective products. They may not make it themselves, but they have their own lab testing various products for their private label stuff.

I frankly miss my old Zee toilet paper. It was a regional brand that eventually went away when Crown Zellerbach was purchased by James River.

Since Charmin was mentioned. En français:

A few days ago I scored on a mega pack of paper at Sams. I know I should be grateful, but man, this stuff is rough. I feel like Im in the office. My go to is the Costco brand. What about you?
Macho Wipe.

11.7.1981_0.22.37.00.jpg

Try new Macho Wipe. In Medium, Course, and Super Abrasive. All my men use Macho Wipe… or they use nothing at all.

I always buy Charmin, soft or strong either one. We actually bought a 6-roll pack to bring home with us when we were in Gatlinburg just before it got crazy. DH laughed at me but when we got home he was glad we did.

I hadn’t been able to buy any at all since we got back on the 20th. But I had to take my cat to the vet this morning (drop off) so since I was already out I went to Meijer for groceries. Got there 2 minutes after they opened and everyone was in the TP aisle. They had lots of 9-roll packs of Northern so I got 2 packs which is the limit allowed. We didn’t need them desperately but DH’s sister and brother-in-law said they were getting low and our DD and 2 grands live down the road so we plan to share with them.

I only buy 1-ply TP - best for an old septic system. My son can't stand it and uses those moist wipes - which are terrible for septic.

I'm ashamed to say how much toilet paper we have! (I loaded up months ago as BJ's is quite a haul from my home and I had coupons). Charmin Basic is the only kind I buy and BJ's always has great coupons for their giant pack. Great for our delicate septic system and no complaints. Highly recommend!

I prefer the tougher stuff. Usually buy the Walmart or H-E-B brand. The soft stuff just doesn’t feel as clean. Might as well use that sock like they are saying! Lol

what I DO miss is back in the day when you could get different colors like purple and pink and green.

We use Scott's - good for the environment
Found some at our BJ's
We went early Saturday morning about 10 am
We even found big jugs of water for our water machine
And paper towels too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter