Scotts toilet paper, ugh

Our major supermarket makes a quilted toilet paper which is quite acceptable to my behind.

Scott’s Is my TP of choice. :)
Scott’s Is my TP of choice. :)

Scott’s is definitely not soft and fuzzy but after spending $10,000 redoing sewer pipes on our 1960’s house, all plumbers involved forbid us to use anything except Scott’s.

They said the fluffy soft kind gives them their business. We will sacrifice and never use anything else.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying Scott's is cheap. I just looked online at my local supermarket. A 12 pack of Scott's is $10.50. 12 packs of Cottonelle, Quilted Northern and Angel Soft are all under $8.

Cottonelle, please.

Although if it were just up to me, I'd install bidets

Ok, I have a question in all seriousness. I don’t know anyone with a bidet. I know what one is and what it does, but how do you dry off if you aren’t using tp? I always assumed tp was used for that purpose. I don’t have washcloths, and don’t have a huge surplus of hand or bath towels. Really curious about this, but don’t want to Google . . .

I scored a 6 pack of Angel Soft. Ya, that stuff is not soft. False advertising, LOL. We are a Charmin family and even use it in our RV's for over 38 years. Never had back up issues.

Ok, I have a question in all seriousness. I don’t know anyone with a bidet. I know what one is and what it does, but how do you dry off if you aren’t using tp? I always assumed tp was used for that purpose. I don’t have washcloths, and don’t have a huge surplus of hand or bath towels. Really curious about this, but don’t want to Google . . .

Well - yeah. There should be a stack of towels to dry. However, the really fancy ones (especially from Japan) use warm water and even have air drying.

Well - yeah. There should be a stack of towels to dry. However, the really fancy ones (especially from Japan) use warm water and even have air drying.
Wow, air drying! Who knew! I don’t have room for a separate bidet, so I would have to get one of those retrofit things that goes on the toilet.

We also use Scotts in our rustic cottage in the woods. Anything else would cause a clog. But at home we use the softer, thicker stuff. Not sure what brand? We buy it in bulk at BJs. Luckily, we have great plumbing here (no jinx please?) at our house, and we are high up on a hill so gravity helps. :)

Wow, air drying! Who knew! I don’t have room for a separate bidet, so I would have to get one of those retrofit things that goes on the toilet.

The ones developed in Japan are really just toilet seats that bolt on just like any other toilet seat, although they have electrical and water connections. And it makes sense there where indoor space is at a premium.

I grew up mostly with Angel Soft at my mom's but ever since getting a Costco membership it's been Kirkland all the way. I'll use other stuff (and don't really have an issue with Angel Soft even now) if I gotta but yeah not that same.

We have one of the retrofit ones that has warm water, heated seat, and blow dryer. It's pretty awesome. If you don't mind taking the time, the blow dryer feature is pretty sweet. If I'm in a hurry, I'll dab dry with tp. Cost us around 250 or so. DOES require an outlet located less than 10 feet away (I think).

Tried Scotts for the first time recently...I'd rather use the office TP! DH works in construction and no kidding said the port-a-potty TP was better.

Prefer Charmin for sure!
I worked on a construction site for 5 months last winter and I've never seen such ridiculous toilet paper as what they had in the porta johns. It was like a half-ply. I started tucking Charmin wipes in a snak-sized Ziploc in my hardhat.

Scott’s is definitely not soft and fuzzy but after spending $10,000 redoing sewer pipes on our 1960’s house, all plumbers involved forbid us to use anything except Scott’s.

They said the fluffy soft kind gives them their business. We will sacrifice and never use anything else.

We are on septic so Scott is our TP of choice since it breaks up faster than other TP. As a kid I was always told I was THINK HEADED and guess in my old age I've become TOUGH BUTTED.

This is exactly why we use it. Our house was built in the 50s and still have original pipes. We've been told to only use Scott's.

And like a PP said....it's really not that cheap. There are much cheaper toilet paper brands around. I know Angel Soft to be one of the cheapest in my area.

We’ve used Scott’s for years. Buy it at BJ’s in packs of 36. I don’t like the soft mushy stuff, and it clogs the toilet.

OMG, I hate that stupid commercial with the bears!
The one where they’re arguing on who is going to pick up the underwear. Um, none of you are wearing pants! Where did this underwear come from?

Nevertheless I’m a (blue) Charmin girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!