sea world doing any better with enforcing mask rules?

hannymom

Mouseketeer
I read the posts that they were not doing that good of a job enforcing masks. I was wondering if that has gotten any better. We are going to Disney in 3 weeks and was hoping to go to sea world for a day. As much as I don't like the idea of having to wear a mask all day in the heat, I wouldn't go to a park now if it wasn't being strictly enforced. If anyone has been there lately, please give me your thoughts and your experience also, have they discontinued dinner with orcas? thanks!!

They have added a "mask patrol" that walks the park enforcing it.

As an employee I can tell you, we are trying as best we can. Pretty sure 80% of my daily communication with guests is "please pull your face covering all the way over your mouth and nose, thank you".

Thank you for your response. I'm sure it is not fun telling people over and over again what they should already be doing..

Thank you for your response. I'm sure it is not fun telling people over and over again what they should already be doing..
We were there about 3 weeks ago. We felt very comfortable (went 3 times in a week) and plan to go back in October. They have the "mask patrols", which we liked, and the parks were so empty that it was easy to stay away from people. We walked onto every ride except Atlantis (and didn't try Infinity Falls). We didn't go to any shows, however, as that's not really our thing.

The only area that worried me was the penguin exhibit, where they probably had a few too many people in an indoor space, which made us all be a bit too close. Otherwise, we were distant from people all the time. They were also periodically wiping down coaster cars, although I couldn't figure out exactly what the protocol was there. Plus, so much of it is outside, which made us feel better as well.

I've been going to SW since the park reopened. I've never had any problems with people and masks

They have added a "mask patrol" that walks the park enforcing it.

As an employee I can tell you, we are trying as best we can. Pretty sure 80% of my daily communication with guests is "please pull your face covering all the way over your mouth and nose, thank you".

I think you guys do a great job!

I’m here now and mask compliance and social distancing is terrible. Much worse than Disney and Universal.
Ugh. I was planning on going to Seaworld on my Universal trip at the end of October but I may change my mind with this. Are people spaced out at the shows well at least? I dont have much interest in most of their rides but like the shows and animal attractions.

I would think that if you are going weekdays it will be better (hopefully) We went on the last weekend of bring a friend for free and the beer festival and spooktacular...so maybe it was just because of the day. We went to Universal the previous Sunday and mask compliance was very good. Disney is the best at masks so far. It was much better later in the day too at Seaworld in regards to crowds. They closed at 8 so later in the day was much less crowded.

Ugh. I was planning on going to Seaworld on my Universal trip at the end of October but I may change my mind with this. Are people spaced out at the shows well at least? I dont have much interest in most of their rides but like the shows and animal attractions.
Keishashadow is at sea world right now
I’ll send her a pm to have her answer your question.
She can give current info to you.

It has poured rain there an hour ago and she is waiting it out.

yes. every other row is closed

Just left seaworld orlando and to be honest, mask compliance was horrible, specifically during the orca show. Almost nobody wearing them (or at least properly) during the packed shows. Yes, every other row is blocked but you're still sitting right next to a stranger. Just look at the photo I attached. Nobody in the picture is masked properly in front of me. The mask patrol was only calling people out who didn't have masks on. I watched them walk right by people who didn't have their nose covered. That was disappointing to see. They've had months to figure this out and failed bad.

The restaurant tables were seldom wiped down and the smokehouse was jam packed with people not social distancing in one line while the second line was closed. I should have taken a picture of that. It was really bad.

To be safe, I'd avoid the shows until seaworld enforces the rules. Still planning to check out Seaworld San Antonio this week. Here's to praying I don't get covid thanks to people being stupid.

Attachments

• 20201001_091842.jpg
    20201001_091842.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I've never had any problems at the shows (and I go every week). I see plenty of employees telling people to wear masks

Interesting. Sorry, but I can only speak for what I saw. I figured people would dispute it so I snapped a picture. Take your own risks!

Just left seaworld orlando and to be honest, mask compliance was horrible, specifically during the orca show. Almost nobody wearing them (or at least properly) during the packed shows. Yes, every other row is blocked but you're still sitting right next to a stranger. Just look at the photo I attached. Nobody in the picture is masked properly in front of me. The mask patrol was only calling people out who didn't have masks on. I watched them walk right by people who didn't have their nose covered. That was disappointing to see. They've had months to figure this out and failed bad.

The restaurant tables were seldom wiped down and the smokehouse was jam packed with people not social distancing in one line while the second line was closed. I should have taken a picture of that. It was really bad.

To be safe, I'd avoid the shows until seaworld enforces the rules. Still planning to check out Seaworld San Antonio this week. Here's to praying I don't get covid thanks to people being stupid.
Thanks for the photo. Does not look good. Was this a weekday or weekend crowd?

I’m here now and mask compliance and social distancing is terrible. Much worse than Disney and Universal.
I'm probably the only person actually glad to hear this. We're going in a few weeks to use tickets that we bought before all of this and I'll be irritated the entire time being corrected every time my mask slides down or if I need a breath of fresh air.

I'm probably the only person actually glad to hear this. We're going in a few weeks to use tickets that we bought before all of this and I'll be irritated the entire time being corrected every time my mask slides down or if I need a breath of fresh air.
Interesting. Sorry, but I can only speak for what I saw. I figured people would dispute it so I snapped a picture. Take your own risks!
Maybe I can't see, I didn't zoom in, but I only see a couple of people who are sitting with their own party with their mask down. I'm one of those people that, if we're nowhere near each other, then feel free to breathe. I kinda feel that if you're anymore worried about it than that, with all due respect, maybe a theme park isn't the best place to be. I'm not a big fan of expecting everyone else to keep me safe. We can only wear masks and stay away from other people ourselves. We'll never in a million years be able to make everyone else in the world think or do as we do. I have a client that was so worried about what the person before her and the person after her was doing that she quit coming to get her hair done. Nevermind that she wore a mask and I and my coworkers wear shields. I lost business for what other people were doing and felt that I was being punished for something that hasn't happened. But taking herself out of the equation is all that was to be done. I'm afraid that life for those worried about what everyone else is doing, is never going to get back to normal. You're going to have to count yourself out of a lot of things if you wish to avoid those that aren't as cautious. It's all just a big mess.

Don't ask me how I double quoted up there. I have no idea what I did. lol

Maybe I can't see, I didn't zoom in, but I only see a couple of people who are sitting with their own party with their mask down. I'm one of those people that, if we're nowhere near each other, then feel free to breathe. I kinda feel that if you're anymore worried about it than that, with all due respect, maybe a theme park isn't the best place to be. I'm not a big fan of expecting everyone else to keep me safe. We can only wear masks and stay away from other people ourselves. We'll never in a million years be able to make everyone else in the world think or do as we do. I have a client that was so worried about what the person before her and the person after her was doing that she quit coming to get her hair done. Nevermind that she wore a mask and I and my coworkers wear shields. I lost business for what other people were doing and felt that I was being punished for something that hasn't happened. But taking herself out of the equation is all that was to be done. I'm afraid that life for those worried about what everyone else is doing, is never going to get back to normal. You're going to have to count yourself out of a lot of things if you wish to avoid those that aren't as cautious. It's all just a big mess.

I'm sure you weren't addressing me personally by saying a theme park might not be the best place when you are worried about Covid, because I actually work at WDW and have AP's for Universal and SeaWorld. I was giving my opinion on how well SeaWorld was doing with mask compliance....which is not as good as Universal and really bad compared to Disney. I think it is just common courtesy to wear a mask properly and if people are walking and eating and drinking just pull it down for a second, take a sip or bite and put the mask back up. I just wanted you to know that some people that make mask comments aren't saying you shouldn't go, they are just giving their opinions, and mine is based in actual experience. Have a fun trip, hopefully in a few weeks it will be a little cooler. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!