sea world doing any better with enforcing mask rules?

I kinda feel that if you're anymore worried about it than that, with all due respect, maybe a theme park isn't the best place to be. I'm not a big fan of expecting everyone else to keep me safe. We can only wear masks and stay away from other people ourselves. We'll never in a million years be able to make everyone else in the world think or do as we do.

I think it's exactly the opposite. If people can't follow a simple mask rule then maybe they shouldn't be attending? I understand your sentiment and shutdowns have caused lots of people their jobs and hurt bad. We're probably similarly politically. But please just follow the rules or find something else to do until this is over. Let's not be selfish at others expense. Have a good trip and enjoy.

I think it's exactly the opposite. If people can't follow a simple mask rule then maybe they shouldn't be attending? I understand your sentiment and shutdowns have caused lots of people their jobs and hurt bad. We're probably similarly politically. But please just follow the rules or find something else to do until this is over. Let's not be selfish at others expense. Have a good trip and enjoy.
I hear you and I get it. I really do, but I'm not going with the mindset that any of these people will watch out for my health or safety. I just think that would be naive on my part. I mean a trip to Walmart confirms that lol.

I'm sure you weren't addressing me personally by saying a theme park might not be the best place when you are worried about Covid, because I actually work at WDW and have AP's for Universal and SeaWorld. I was giving my opinion on how well SeaWorld was doing with mask compliance....which is not as good as Universal and really bad compared to Disney. I think it is just common courtesy to wear a mask properly and if people are walking and eating and drinking just pull it down for a second, take a sip or bite and put the mask back up. I just wanted you to know that some people that make mask comments aren't saying you shouldn't go, they are just giving their opinions, and mine is based in actual experience. Have a fun trip, hopefully in a few weeks it will be a little cooler. :-)
No no, not at all! Just throwing my own thoughts out there about how I'm trying to look at things. I've just seen so many people mad that there are people out there doing things their own way and we'll go crazy if we pay too much attention to everyone else. We live in a me me me society and for what I've seen, the vast majority seem to be masked up and that really is about as good as it's going to get. The rest is up to me to protect myself. I'm actually surprised that we have as many people following the rules as we do. People can be total jerks so I'm impressed lol

Last edited:
We have tix for SeaWorld in early Dec (along with DC). If we get there and mask compliance is sketchy and it's too crowded to safely spread out, we will bad.

People's unwillingness to follow the house rules are why we can't have nice things.

I was there (WDW and UO too) last month. I have to agree that mask compliance is a lot lower at SeaWorld. It wasn’t a huge issue for me because SW was also much less crowded than Disney or Universal. I was more than willing to sit high and to the sides at the shows and had no problem keeping at least 20 feet from the nearest person. This was the Sunday after Labor Day weekend.090CD6A4-8151-4643-A46D-31526B4674BE.jpeg

We were there on Saturday. Mask compliance was pretty good, although there were people who seemed to want to wear masks improperly. Some cast members would instruct them to comply, and others would not. I'd say it was on par with what we saw at Disney Springs the next day. We weren't in a Disney park so I can't compare. The weirdest thing to me is all the people who still insist on crowding right up on you in line. We're all going to get on the ride at the same time whether you stand six inches or six feet behind me, so just give me some space. Fortunately, the rides for the coasters were still short, so it wasn't a huge issue. The trick-or-treat trail was a different story entirely, though. That line was crazy.

We were there on Saturday. Mask compliance was pretty good, although there were people who seemed to want to wear masks improperly. Some cast members would instruct them to comply, and others would not. I'd say it was on par with what we saw at Disney Springs the next day. We weren't in a Disney park so I can't compare. The weirdest thing to me is all the people who still insist on crowding right up on you in line. We're all going to get on the ride at the same time whether you stand six inches or six feet behind me, so just give me some space. Fortunately, the rides for the coasters were still short, so it wasn't a huge issue. The trick-or-treat trail was a different story entirely, though. That line was crazy.
Pretty much our experience recently. Not that people were doing any better at social distancing than at U or WDW IMO, just fewer people in general. Expection to that was DS, even on a week day evening was cheek to cheek in many spots.

Lovely day at SW...heavy TS off & on all afternoon, that arrived far earlier than forecast. If we hadn’t a tour booked & closing time at sharks grill for Magical Dining, would’ve switched the day out.

Large majority of people wound up removing their now-soaked masks to dry and were shaking them as they walked about. Note to self, bring a spare or two. Did wind up switching them out during the day anyway, a damp mask is far less comfy and probably not as effective.

Can I ask you how the coaster lines were? Headed down for a Saturday in early November and trying to decide if quick queue is worth it. My son wants to ride the coasters several times

Can I ask you how the coaster lines were? Headed down for a Saturday in early November and trying to decide if quick queue is worth it. My son wants to ride the coasters several times
I don't think lines will be an issue. We were there on a Saturday that had both the trick-or-treat stuff for little kids and the craft beer festival going on. Despite that, we never waited more than 20 minutes for a coaster, and that was only because the Manta was having some issues that slowed the line down. We were on the Maco twice with only about a 5 minute wait. And it was about 10 for the Kraken.

Now, both Atlantis (posted at 60 minutes, but probably shorter given our experience with other posted times) and Infinity Falls (forget what it was posted) were probably longer. Atlantis seems to shut down a lot, which can drive up waits. Still, I'd think early November will be pretty favorable for you.

Our longest wait was the security/temperature screening to get into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!