Sean and Mommy's Sept 2017 WDW trip...aka "Best trip ever!" COMPLETE!

Enjoying the update, we love the pizza at Via Napoli.

I am glad you all are getting some good tables for 2, my daughter and I always get the worst tiny tables, lol!

We love Sci-Fi, mostly to get away from the hustle of HS and chill in the drive in scene for awhile.

The Beach Club is so beautiful and peaceful in the morning:

bc-am-jpg.339430
Can't wait to experience this myself in 22 days!!!!

Wow, I can't believe how deserted the park is.

Yes, that was with a 9:00 a.m. park opening…we struggled to fill two hours of park time :rolleyes2
Poor MGM. We only have 1/2 a day planned there next month and that is with Rock N Roller Coaster and Toy Story Land.

I ordered a beer. Try to look surprised. I got a Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA which is one of my favorite beers since it makes me think of Disney! (I’ve had it both at WDW and at Flo’s Café at California Adventure):

sf-beer-jpg.339437
Too funny it makes you think of Disney because it makes me think of California because we went to their Brewery in Sonoma county a few years back.

I texted my friend at this point and was like “I just ordered a beer for lunch. Not WITH lunch. FOR lunch.” :drinking1
My kinda Mama!

Enjoying the update, we love the pizza at Via Napoli.

I am glad you all are getting some good tables for 2, my daughter and I always get the worst tiny tables, lol!

We love Sci-Fi, mostly to get away from the hustle of HS and chill in the drive in scene for awhile.

We so lucked out on our tables with this trip!

Can't wait to experience this myself in 22 days!!!!

Wow, I can't believe how deserted the park is.

Poor MGM. We only have 1/2 a day planned there next month and that is with Rock N Roller Coaster and Toy Story Land.

Too funny it makes you think of Disney because it makes me think of California because we went to their Brewery in Sonoma county a few years back.

My kinda Mama!

So jealous of your upcoming BC trip! And yeah, HS was practically empty when we were there.

Day Five-Wednesday, September 20, 2017 (Part Two)

Our original plan for this evening was to have a nice dinner, and then go to Magic Kingdom for the (at that time) new fireworks and EMH. Early in the day we decided we weren’t feeling our planned dinner at Artist Point so I called Disney Dining who nicely cancelled the ADR for me without a fee, and we decided we’d figure out something else after we spent the afternoon at the pool. Well, by the time we were done chilling at the pool not only were we not feeling like going anywhere for dinner, we didn’t even want to bother with going to Magic Kingdom :P

We called a total audible and headed to Epcot to graze Food & Wine for dinner instead. We hit the following booths:

Brazil:

FW one.JPG

Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions

Morocco:

FW two.JPG

Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce

Italy:

FW three.JPG

Crispy Calamari with Spicy Pomodoro Sauce

India:

FW four.JPG

Mango Lassi

FW five.JPG

Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread

Hawaii:

FW six.JPG

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise and Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager

Canada:

FW seven.JPG

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce

So of course at this point I don't really remember what we liked best, and I honestly don't even remember ordering or eating that chicken korma from the India booth LOL. I do know that Sean didn't really care for the mango lassi we got there. He was a big fan of the calamari from Italy, and I know I especially enjoyed the pork belly and hummus fries! I'm sure we enjoyed the filet from Canada because, duh, filet with truffle butter sauce. Ditto for the pork slider, though I don't remember anything specific about it.

It was a simply gorgeous night and we had a great time wandering around World Showcase and just enjoying the evening.

FW sunset.JPG FW sunset 2.JPG

Sean also got another vanilla ice cream cone, this time from L’artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion:

FW ice cream.JPG

That is his "can you stop taking pictures and just let me eat my ice cream?" face :laughing:

We then headed back to Stormalong Bay for some bonus pool time, where Sean made a couple of new friends and had a blast playing with them in the pool while I relaxed in a lounge chair with a glass of wine. So unlike me, I know! :rolleyes1

This was not even remotely close to what we had initially planned, but it ended up being one of our absolute favorite nights of the trip. The weather was gorgeous and we had so much fun wandering World Showcase with no agenda. We also got to try lots of goodies from Food & Wine that we otherwise would have missed out on. It was an awesome night!

Next up...we head back to Epcot because, really, is there such a thing as too much Epcot food?!

What a perfect night! I love when all semblance of plans go out the door and you just organically find an even better route. All the better with a glass of wine!

YOur report is making me want to book Beach Club. I have one night at the end of our October trip with just my nine yo twins. Currently booked at Coronado, but BC is available for $400. Really tempted. Your pool time and Epcot wandering make it look very inviting.....

Sometimes the best times are the unplanned ones. Great update! My kids make that same face. LOL!

His face cracks me up in that pic! He really was very good about me taking pictures of him constantly.

Definitely not! Looks like a great night of snacking around the world!!! Makes me hungry :-)

It was so much fun! :)

What a perfect night! I love when all semblance of plans go out the door and you just organically find an even better route. All the better with a glass of wine!

That was the best part about this trip, just that we could do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted and didn't have to take anyone else's opinions into account! ;)

YOur report is making me want to book Beach Club. I have one night at the end of our October trip with just my nine yo twins. Currently booked at Coronado, but BC is available for $400. Really tempted. Your pool time and Epcot wandering make it look very inviting.....

Beach Club is so darn expensive but I just absolutely love it there! The pool and proximity to Epcot are such huge selling points for me. Plus the smell of the lobby...ahhhh! :)

This was not even remotely close to what we had initially planned, but it ended up being one of our absolute favorite nights of the trip.

I have to say I do not like pool time, but I do love the ability to change up plans :goodvibes We do it quite often, both when it's just Steve and I and even with the kids, and they do often end up being some of our favorite times. And that's the most important thing!!

You are just living your best life on this trip! I love it!

What a special trip with you and your little guy....memories for a lifetime.

I have to say I do not like pool time, but I do love the ability to change up plans :goodvibes We do it quite often, both when it's just Steve and I and even with the kids, and they do often end up being some of our favorite times. And that's the most important thing!!

It was such a more relaxed pace than what we're used to and we enjoyed every minute of it!

Day Six-Thursday, September 21, 2017

The next morning we were back at Epcot! The plan for today was to use some FastPasses and do some snacking at Food & Wine. Since we’d hit F&W pretty hard the night before I don’t think we did a lot of eating, though, at least according to my pictures. Sorry, my memory at this point is terrible! I think we did a couple of rides in Future World, filled up the popcorn bucket, and then worked our way back over to World Showcase where I apparently started the day with the breakfast of champions, a cider flight:

flight.JPG

Gumption Citrus Freak Hard Cider, Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider, and Two Henrys Elderberry Cream Hard Cider

Judging from the photo, they were not necessarily presented in that order. Anyway, I liked all of these, but the elderberry was my favorite.

Next up we apparently found ourselves in France, as evidenced by the following:

slush 2.JPG

That is the beloved Grey Goose slush, even though it’s in a normal cup. The CM who served it to me said they were out of the fancy cups because of the hurricane the week before. At the time this made perfect sense, though now I’m not so sure? o_O

At this point Sean asked for yet another ice cream cone. When I told him it wasn’t even noon yet and he hadn’t eaten any “real” lunch, he very observantly pointed out that I was *drinking* my lunch. Score one for Sean:

ice cream.JPG

We didn’t last long at Epcot after that. It was HOT that day. The screen shot I have says the “real feel” was 96 degrees so obviously we went to the pool! After the pool and some down time in the room, we hopped a bus to Animal Kingdom for our 4:25 p.m. ADR at Tusker House. This was a ROL package and a meal we were really looking forward to. Apparently so eagerly that I completely failed to take any pictures, except of Sean’s dessert plate:

TH dessert.JPG

Sorry for the total fail! I know I was starving when we got there (um, liquid lunch) and we must have just hit the buffet hard and never looked back. I wish I could remember what we ate (I know I loved several of the salads and went back for seconds on them) but at this point I honestly have no idea. I do remember that we had a good table and service. The characters were also great. Since I have no food photos you will instead be subjected to cute pictures of my kid:

goofy 2.JPG

daisy.JPG

TH dd.JPG

TH mick.JPG

While this is barely even a dining review at this point, I will say that we enjoyed Tusker House and would definitely go back. The food was good, there was a large variety, the characters are super cute, and it was reasonably priced especially given that it was a character meal and a ROL package.

We then went and rode the safari which was awesome with lots of animals out and about, then made our way back over to watch Rivers of Light. Here is a photo of Sean eating….something. Frozen lemonade maybe? Seems like a safe bet. I’m also fairly certain I had a beer while we were waiting though I don't remember what kind I got.

ROL snack.JPG

We enjoyed ROL and once again the weather was perfect because...best trip ever! :D

ROL.JPG

After the show I hopped on EE since the line was super short while Sean hung out in the gift shop, and then we….did something. This is basically a choose-your-own-ending story because I have no more photos after 8:30 p.m. :confused3 I am guessing we did one or more of the following:

1. Hung out in our room and watched TV.

2. Hung out on the balcony and drank wine.

3. Ate popcorn and/or ice cream and/or some other junk food while doing one or both of the above.

So there you have it, a mostly food-free account of our Epcot/AK day. I have no idea why I failed so badly at documenting what we did that day. I’d like to tell you that I redeemed myself after that, but you’ll have to stay tuned to find out… :-)

I would venture that you got MORE slush in that cup vs the fancy one. So basically....MORE WINNING.

I seriously can not wait until Food and Wine! Your F&W dinner (and breakfast/lunch?) looks like the perfect meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!